The Boston Tea Party | Teen Ink

The Boston Tea Party

November 3, 2017
By pipikai BRONZE, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, Other
pipikai BRONZE, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

November 1773, Boston Massachusetts. With the wide spread of the news that four vessels filled with tea were coming from England, people in America were very upset toward the government of England. In order to show their determination, a group of people in Boston decided to do something big against the Britain.

 

This group of people, called theirselves “Sons of liberty” with their leader Samuel Adams. They gathered to plan a party in a small house one night in 1773. Three vessels with over 342 chests of tea were docked at the Boston harbor. Samuel Adams wanted to let all the fellows dress as Indians and throw all those chests into the sea. “The British were intent on monopolizing our tea market!” Samuel Adams said:”In name of liberty, we must take action! We will disguise ourselves as Mohawk warrior and eliminate their tea! We will never use British stuff!” At this time, the Sons of Liberty were bubbling over with enthusiasm. But they didn’t notice outside the house, an English officer called Charles Townshend with a gray hair and fat body who had worked temporarily in America was overhearing their plan’s. He was stocked about what they’re planning. Townshend tried to run and tell others about it but the Sons of Liberty caught him. He ran as fast as possible forwards  the harbor where the party would take place. He stumbled and fell and then passed out. When he woke up, he realized that he was in a world that was totally different from 1773 America. Welcome to the United States in 2017.

 

Townshend sees many huge vessels on the sea and vehicles on the road. He is surprised because he has never seen those things before. He does not know where to find his colleges, so he only can seek around to find someone who can help him.

 

In 2017, everything is different from the year 1773. The way people dress, transportation and so on. And obviously, Townshend cannot get used to it. He wears a 18th century clothes with a lawyer wig which makes him very conspicuous among present people’s view. The first thing he is trying to do is, find someone help.

 

He walks on the street, looking for help. He wants to know who can help him first to go back to the right time period, and second to go find his colleagues. And suddenly, a man touches his shoulder. Townshend turns his head and sees a man with modern dress. However that man looks so pale which makes Townshend hardly believe that he is a human, but more zombie. The man says: “Follow me Townshend, I can show you how to go back to your world.” Even Townshend is wondering why this man knows him; but since this man is probably the only one who knows him right now, Townshend only can follows him to the unknown place.

 

On the way to the place, the man introduces himself; people called him Steve Adams, and he is the great-grandson of Samuel Adams who had already lost his reputation and wealth because he did some bad things when he was young. He was the guy who transported Townshend to the year 2017. He wants Townshend to do something for him after send him back to 1773. What first needed to do is to open the passage between 1773 and 2017. And the second is to help Steve to stop Samuel from making this tea tarty because Steve wants to know what would happen if the Boston Tea Party never existed. But Steve accidentally says it out loud and Townshend hears it. Townshend is shocked that Britain could lose the America as a colony. So he is hesitating about what should he do. Steve also tells Townshend about some of his future life, Steve says that in December 1773 people in Boston would hold a big “Party” called the Boston Tea Party which is the same as you heard about in November 1773. Townshend acts that raise revenue in the colonies to pay a very high tax on tea to the British government. And Steve also talked about the American revolution and the relationship between the great Britain and America. Townshend was shocked about all of it and he started to think of what he should do, whether he just help Steve to stop the Sons of Liberty or just proceed as usual.

 

Than Steve opened the gap and went back to 1773 with Townshend. Welcome back to 1773. It was the day that the Sons of Liberty were going to have this party. Townshend followed Steve to Boston Harbor in the evening and waited for those sons of liberty. Steve locked the short bridge that connected the bank and the vessels so that those people could not get on the vessels to destroy those 342 chests of tea.

 

When Steve was preparing these barriers for those sons of liberty, Townshend was waiting and witnessing these extra events that should not have seen happened according to correct history. So he made a strong decision where he could not let Steve stop the Sons of Liberty destroying these 342 chests of tea. Townshend should let history happen naturally without anything to interrupt its process. So he unlocked the bridge and removed every barrier that Steve had made without Steve realizing this. And then Townshend used a rope to find Steve up, the rope made him unable to move so Steve could only can witness the Sons of Liberty get on the vessels and destroy those 342 chests of tea without a hitch. History maintained unchanged and Steve’s mission failed. Once in a while, Steve opened the gap to travel back to 2017, Townshend remained alone at harbor.

 

Townshend knew everything right now, he could not even face his colleagues from the Great Britain. The party still happened, and Great Britain would eventually fail in the comics.