The Spirit of the Sea | Teen Ink

The Spirit of the Sea

By T.C.Buttercup GOLD, Vancouver, Other
T.C.Buttercup GOLD, Vancouver, Other

once upon a time.
live or let die.
never change for anyone, unless you have no one left to change for.

I awake, stranded in the sea. I look down to the ground, but I see just water, each ripple travelling the tip of my nose. I lay there, frozen, in that solitary moment for a series of days.
Dying? There was no option of it. Even if I wanted to, it’s too late. Trapped between two worlds, frozen by water, by the sea. Both sides of me, dark blue distance of mystery and of history.
NO I do not face the sea. I caress the very tip of its lace shivery waters. Above only sky. Clear, a light shade of blue. I see clouds as they pass by. Recalling animals and objects that they imitate. At night as the sun goes down, I am forced to view and review it’s lushes shines of colour and light. I watch as its last rays of warmth disappear into the night.
I remember how I was once free. Though now I must learn to embrace, this new life as chosen for me. I forever am the spirit of the sea.

What lies beneath me years to come, to pass. It will not change alas the human race gone, no not with grace. I the spirit of the sea was taken from my place. Taken, there for lost at sea. Never to be found, never to be free. And as the world disappears, I shall live with me. For as no life lives among, unable to die, to move on. So I the spirit of the sea, no heart, no soul found within me.
I carry on the prophecy. If all shall die, I must live to carry all the misery of the ones who did. All those dead, sink me. Now deep within these dark waters, you won’t find me.
For I, the spirit of the sea live forever unseen. Living unwillingly. Each day and night, I search for the will to be free.
As the sun rises, look upon the sea, among its first rays of light it will appear. As each day recommences, a glimpse you will find, the spirit of the sea.

I wrote this short story on a day of cold and solemn driven thoughts. Upon a park bench, as I gazed at the setting sun over the sea and mountains in Panorama park.

on Jan. 4 2012 at 11:23 pm
T.C.Buttercup GOLD, Vancouver, Other

once upon a time.
live or let die.

for sure id love to! :)

on Jan. 4 2012 at 9:08 am
NohaBooyan BRONZE, New York, New York
aaw im sure :D can you check my work out too please?

on Jan. 4 2012 at 1:15 am
T.C.Buttercup GOLD, Vancouver, Other

once upon a time.
live or let die.

thank you so much! the sceanery helped emensly!

on Jan. 4 2012 at 1:12 am
T.C.Buttercup GOLD, Vancouver, Other

once upon a time.
live or let die.

thank you! U2! aha ( is proud of her self) :)

on Jan. 4 2012 at 1:09 am
U2_Fanatic GOLD, Westbury, Other
[Impressed] VERY BEAUTIFUL!

on Jan. 3 2012 at 4:24 am
NohaBooyan BRONZE, New York, New York
beautiful!

on Jan. 3 2012 at 2:10 am
T.C.Buttercup GOLD, Vancouver, Other

once upon a time.
live or let die.

thank you! all good feed back is always nice:) i will definitly continue writting, and you aswell! your poetry is breath taking.

KianaBaker said...
on Jan. 3 2012 at 2:07 am
KianaBaker, Alto, Texas

"In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe." -Michael Jackson ♥

Nice . I Love The Way You Use Your Words , It Flows Nicely . Keep Writing !

on Dec. 28 2011 at 1:09 am
thanks lisa :) and i would to.. maybe it will just all of a sudden become famous...jk. i can't wait for your photographs to be accepted!

Lisa.E said...
on Dec. 25 2011 at 1:44 pm
Lisa.E, North Vancouver, Other

''Love the life you live, live the life you love" -Bob Marley

Love it tess, you have real talent and i wish more people would see this! some day you'll be huge i just know it