Levana's Ghost | Teen Ink

Levana's Ghost

November 29, 2016
By _Joybells_ BRONZE, Hemet, California
_Joybells_ BRONZE, Hemet, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Queen Levana sat uprightly on her throne, and a slow smile spread across her ruby red lips as she read the comm Thaumaturge Mira had sent. It had happened, this was the chance she had been waiting for. Emperor Rikan was dead, from the plague. She thanked the stars for the plague. It was amazing how ignorant the Earthens were, searching for a cure all these years, oblivious to the fact that it was created here on Luna. Even if they did discover the origin, there was no possible way they could get the antidote. Her scientists engineered the plague specifically. Now, the pieces were finally in place for her to take over Rikan’s precious Eastern Commonwealth, and from that, the rest of Earth. She had her special operatives ready to send if the new emperor refused her alliance. Soon, the people of Earth would respect and love her, just like the people of Luna did. And if they didn’t...Levana laughed at the thought. Of course they would love her. They were pathetic Earthens, defenseless against her bioelectric mind control. They could easily be brainwashed.
“Aimery, my portscreen,” she looked at Thaumaturge Aimery Park. “It’s time. We need to give Emperor Kai our condolences.”
He nodded and started to unlock the portscreen, readying the camera. Levana pulled her veil in front of her flawless face, knowing full well that her glamour wouldn’t affect the camera. She tried so hard to be beautiful, conjuring her bioelectric glamour, even though she knew it was all fake. No one else would ever see her as she really was. No one would ever see her scars, her burns. She would never see them either, which is why she banned all mirrors, and only allowed netscreen recording when she had her veil on. But for know, she was going to send that child who was now emperor a little message.
     *
She savored the moment of letting her feet touch the Earthen soil. The atmosphere was so contrasting to that of Luna. Levana was amazed, but of course, she didn’t let her face portray it. To show emotion was to show weakness. She determined to savor the beauty of Earth later, when she was ruling it. The rest of the day was a blur. Internally, she laughed when she saw the pathetic teenager, who was now going to be Emperor. She smirked. This was going to be easier than she had originally thought. It was wonderful to be reunited with Thaumaturge Sybil Mira again, and she was anxious to hear all of the news that she received while spying. Sybil had been an ambassador to Earth, lurking in the palace, trying to achieve crucial information for the Queen, and Levana was truly grateful.
     *
Levana stifled a yawn, absolutely bored with the child emperor and his advisor. Ignoring them, she went out to the balcony, and looked over. She glared at the mindless little Earthens, holding up anti-Lunar signs, as if their protests could do anything to stop her plan. She would show them. Their shouting stopped almost abruptly as she forced her will into their minds. The courtyard outside the palace was silent. But one person caught her eye in particular. Recognition shot through Levana like a bullet. It couldn’t be. Perhaps it was a ghost, a painful memory. Levana had her killed years ago, and there was no possible ways she was still alive. Her hands started to shake in fear. It was her, Selene, back from the dead, and she was going to ruin everything Levana worked so hard for.


The author's comments:

Lunar Chronicles fanfiction