Rose bud | Teen Ink

Rose bud

October 12, 2016
By Anonymous

The rose bud,
So pretty and lovely,
Waiting for the warm wind to announce spring,
Gently swaying in the wind,
Waiting for the warm spring wind.

Chapter 1: Lilly
Today was chilly and cold. I shiver when I go outside, and my eyes puff making me want to cry. As the bus takes us away from our only home, I write on the window making a heart. I am an orphan, my parents died while I was at home. I asked them what happened but all they said was a “freak accident”. I hate them and want to run away but I can’t. If my parents were still alive, I would be sitting inside at the table eating breakfast and telling stories. I am to taken to my grandma in england, away from  bittersweet canada. For hours I sit there, waiting to get off and eat something but the bus still rolls on. I finally walk up and say I'm hungry but all they do is smile and say “That none of the other children on the bus are hungry.” I tell them that I have change that I can pay with. They snatch my change and say that I stole them but I yell and yell until they finally agree and give me back my change. WHen I walk away, I glare. We finally arrive at a city, Toronto, I think. They take us to a store where we get “Proper” clothes, everything there is itchy and feels like I am wearing a paper bag. But anyhoo, I  go with it. I finally board a plane to go to england, I am accompanied by a boy, almost the same age as me.

Chapter 2: Andrew
I stare at window, next to a girl. She looks quite sad, maybe she should have some tea. I am a translator for her, to help show her around and all. I tell her that she should have tea but she snaps at me calling me “rude”, what silly americans! Nothing they say makes any sense, well, except the constitution. All the orphanage said was that she lost her parents, and that she was a liar. I stare at the snowy wonderland below, and then it quickly changes to deep blue oceans. The landscape is quite contrastic and changes from smooth waves to bumpy farmland. She seems distraught and I ask her why, “Well, for one, I have to live with my grandma. I don’t know her!” she says. We arrive and she looks at the river that she lives, “East river. Strange don’t you think?” I am confused, it’s not that superstitious. “Oh. I just thought it was strange.” she whispered. I on the other hand, I think you must ask permission from god to travel anywhere. We knock on the door and find an old lady wearing linen clothes. “Be careful around this young one Lilly.” she says. But she invites us in anyway.

Chapter 3: Lilly.
I walk inside and get greeted by my grandma in an egyptian costume, maybe this is there halloween. “I have lots to tell you both. Promise you won’t tell?” “Promise!” we both say. “Okay. Where to get started? Let’s see……………. There are gods, that live around us and surround us. You are descended from the all-mighty Carter Kane! He is my brother and he had to hide your parents and you from the demons. You are the pharaohs blood, ever since the skirmish with the romans, we have been hiding. Your parents were killed by the romans, because they were near their territory.” She says. Andrew looks at me, all pale. He looked like he saw a ghost. “What’s wrong?” I ask. All of a sudden, we are surrounded. “No. You demons.” Grandma said.

Chapter 4. Andrew
I was listening to Lily's grandma and I heard a voice in my head Help is coming, soon. I hear crashing and screaming until I wake up in a camp. “Rise and Shine.” snapped a girl. I get up to see people escorting Lilly. “Is she a demigod?” They say. “We will wait until the gods claim her.” One answers. I run to them, “Wait!” I say. “What are you doing to her.” I say, enraged. “She was found with an egyptian deity, a force of evil.” He says. “Zeus will be proud.” “Who’s Zeus?” I say. “The leader of the greek gods and Jupiter in roman. We greeks and romans work together to defeat other gods.” He says. I am given to the no-parents yet demigods. We eat dinner and sit around the fire. They start tossing steaks in the fire and they stare at me. “Aren’t you gonna sacrifice it so you can know your demigod parent?” They inquire. “ Um. I don’t care if I have a parent or not.” I snap. “Be careful, youngling.” says a weird looking creature.

           Chapter 5. Lilly

I wake up and see people, looking at me. I ask for a piece of paper and a pen. I write something and it disappears. All of a sudden, the leader grabs some liquid to give it to me. It explodes, they stare in awe. I write water and it also disappears and soaks them. “How?” they ask. “I’m not doing it!” I snap. They bring me to a cabin. “This is your home!” They say. I see 1 person sitting in there. There is a guy. “Welcome, to Artemis cabin, Your father was likely blessed with a gift from Artemis.” He says. “I had a mom! Unlike you.” I snap. I write “water”, water pours all over him. “How?” he says. “I’ll show you, but you must not tell!” I say “I’m serious.” “Ok!” he says. I put an object in front of us. Then I write destroy. It explodes and I faint. “Whoa!!!”He says. “I know right?” I say. I fall into a deep sleep, and I see myself sleeping but then I fly to the main camp. “We must destroy the egyptians!” One screams but then one starts reading. “An enemy will join forces with one with special abilities, They together, shall save this world from the ancient enemy of the Kanes.” they read. “We must find an egyptian and the one with special abilities. Then we must have another join them, to keep them in line.” They say in agreement. I wake up, sweating and breathing very hard. “ALL CABINS MUST REPORT TO COMMANDER.” The speaker says. I get my shoes and wait for the boy to come. I see one girl, wearing linen, cowering in her cloak. We get in line and face the mean looking “Commander”. “Today, I bring you here to tell you something. If any egyptians are here, you will come up before my hellhounds devour you.” He smiles. The girl grabs my hand and yanks me to the front, I see her whisper into his ear and then she comes and brings another. I write destroy on the paper and the stage explodes. They grab me and take me to an office. I see the prophet speaker and a guy. “Well, well. If it ain’t my favorite enemy's.” He says.  The prophet communes say random things and looks at me. “Who was your parents” she asks. “Reina Kane and Andy Kane.” I say. “Hmmmm.” she says then she exclaims “You! Your parents were greek and egyptian!” “You are special! Now, you are…” she asks the other person. “My name is Chris. My family is the blood of the pharoahs, not the kanes but one of the most powerful egyptian families” He says. “Well, somehow you must defeat the ancient enemy.” The commander says sternly. “LEO!!!” “Yes?” Leo says. “Keep these 2 in order!” Commander snaps. “Yes sir!” says Leo. “But let's get going! Come on, you 2.” As we trudge on we see a bus. ¨Want a ride?¨ he says.

Chapter 6: Leo
So commander calls me in and I see a few people, apparently I have to keep two young, inexperienced demigods. Well, except the fact that they're not demigods. So I take them to the bus and ask them if they want on. I think I like her, she´s just so serious but she is cute too. ¨Well, since it's egyptian magic, we should go to Egypt.¨ I say. ¨Well, Duh!¨ she answers. ¨Well, since this is a quest, we should know our names. My names Leo, as you all know.¨ I say. ¨My name is Lily.¨ says Lilly. ¨My name is Chris.¨ says Chris. So we ride on the bus for hours, when Chris asks me, ¨What parent do you have?¨ ¨Well, I´m special. My dad is Zeus.¨ I say. ¨Nice.¨ says Lily. She sits down and I sit by her and she punches me off. ¨You´re a feisty one.¨ I cough. ¨Where did you get the strength to do that?¨ ¨I don't know.¨ she says. Then she screams, and yells, ¨OH MY GOD!!!!!!!I HAVE A GOD IN MY HEAD, GET OUT OF MY HEAD, ISIS.¨ ¨Calm down.¨ I say gritting my teeth and closing my ears. A fireball breaks through the roof and I stop the bus. I grab my  sword and I see a serpent. ¨Go away, you ugly snake.¨ I say and I began fighting it and finally it collapses. Then we drive until the sun is down...

Excerpt from story………………….TO BE CONTINUED.

The wind warms me,
It’s breath like a dragon,
It’s body like a snake,
I feel sheltered but endangered,
I feel restless,
I need to break free from its fatal grip,
I warn to all travelers of this,
But yet I fail to tell myself…..


The author's comments:

Well, I was wondering at the end of both books on how it said, "There are other gods....." I was seeing what would hapeen.