The Battle of the Gods | Teen Ink

The Battle of the Gods

By JinnLord5 BRONZE, Harrisburg, Oregon
JinnLord5 BRONZE, Harrisburg, Oregon

"Possum non errare, falli ni decipi." -Nostradamus
It translates to: "I have the ability to not err, fail nor be deceived." I think it's freaking awesome!

In a hellish, nightmare infested planet, the God of Death Azrael is trying his hardest to fight the God of Chaos and Destruction Cthulhu. At the moment, all they are really doing is destroying the planet. But it seems like they are doing a lot of damage to each other. So who knows who's going win. It all started on a Sunday morning in New Southern Chili City. It was around 6:22 when I felt the tremors. Some people took notice of it and didn't really bother to ask what was going on. These tremors have been happening for a few months now. So it was normal. But at around 10:17, we had gotten word that the tremors were erupting from the ocean. Not that bad. Until at precisely 3:05, the waves were literally standing in the shape of a creature beyond that of the human imagination. For the being stood higher than anything built by mankind. He had wings the length of Manhattan, I swear you true. His face, oh how gut-wrenching it was. I could feel his eyes eating my soul as I and many other witnessed this...thing rise up and out of the water like it was a blanket. It felt as if everything and all matter in the universe had completely stopped, to be awe struck by this massive being of absolute chaos. After a few minutes of his deathly stare gazing into our souls, he finally opened his mouth, and bellowed a blood-curdling roar that no one will ever forget.

The earth trembled as he opened his mouth, which revealed thousands upon thousands of teeth.  When I looked at his jaw, I could feel the sharp objects start to get a grip on my mind, and somewhat take control of me. Every little detail of this guy seemed to scream chaos and death bringer. I tried to look away, but with every pull and tug that I made to evade his stare, only seemed to make me keep on looking. By then, he started walking towards New Southern Chili City, his back opened up a flap, and ginormous wings protruded from his back. They literally blacked out the sun. He (or rather, in my opinion, it) continued moving forth to the city. It never took his eyes off of it's target. The ground shaking every time he stomped his foot down. With each footfall, buildings shook. They looked as if they were having seizures, some of them toppled over. But most objects crumbled before the all mighty Cthulhu. Making him have a bigger sense of authority over this new land for which he shall soon claim. He then decides to give a flap of his city-long wings, causing the water to form a tidal-wave. Within seconds, the huge wall of water ranging in the size of The Himalayas wiped out the entire city.  Once again, Cthulhu opened his mouth. Not to roar, but belching a distorted and twisted laughter. The laughter of victory.

As soon as that retched sound had silenced, the sky turned blood red. Opening a portal from a dimension that only the insane and psychotic could thrive: absolute hell itself. Hell literally rained down from the heavens, bringing forth the warrior that has the power to avenge those who's re-vengeance shall be exacted upon those who deserve the most brutal of a martyrs death. As soon as this being fell to the earth, Cthulhu became a little bit hesitant. Observing the arrival his new friend or foe, examining the details and features of this mysterious thing. He tried giving him that tense, soul eating stare. But after a few minutes of staring, finally realized that this brute did not contain a soul to feed of off. So Cthulhu took him as a threat. Oh, and this guy was merely 5 feet and 9 inches. But looked as if he could rule mass armies across all dimensions that exist. Cthulhu grinned a murderous smile. And chuckled at the sight of this “death bringer.” But Cthulhu never backed down from a challenge. This actually wasn't a challenge. More or less an appetizer, for which would be an easy kill.  But before Cthulhu could react, he felt sorrow and pain as the memories of his past fill him with regret. He tried to shake them away as he wanted to return to reality. Nope. Way to slow. By the time the last shudder of pain stabbed him in the back of his head, a scythe the size of the New York Skyscraper had ripped right through his flesh along the side of his head. Or at least it felt like that. For when the gargantuan ran his tentacle-like hand along the left side of his contorted skull, he felt a warm-like substance. It was black and very thick, almost like tar.

His hatred for this puny thing grew to the greatest extent within milliseconds. Once again, Cthulhu uttered that horrible roar. But it was not for the signification of authority, but it was to show that his anger and hatred to all those who oppose the Great and Glorified Master of Chaos will be harvested for food for his minions.  And that is for a different tale to tell.  Anyhow, Azrael was getting stronger with each blow against Cthulhu. The anger and rage emitting from the chaos junkie was flowing out of him like a volcano. Azrael sucked it up and used it for his own heroic purposes. At least, that's how some people saw him as.  After many minutes of quick and agile slashes to Cthulhu's skull, Cthulhu began to grow tiresome. For he now realized that he was being drained of his energy.  So Cthulhu decided to call upon his demonic entity posse.  Which consisted of something out of a complete and total hellish nightmare. My fear grew with every heartbeat. My fear grew with every second of my gaze upon those satanic looking creatures. As soon as my eyes met theirs, they could smell my fear. Once they saw me, they shuddered in ecstasy.  Acting as if my fear was a very addicting drug. They saw me, their gaze locked onto my terrified soul. All I could do is sit there and know that I was going to be killed by these things.

Or, at least I thought I was going to die. Until I felt a sharp stabbing pain go throughout my entire body. I blacked out, being engulfed in a sheet of fear and hatred. It flowed through me. And it felt good. My strength was renewed and so was my mind, soul and everything else within me. Then came the voice. For it literally conjured the sound of death, which it was death himself. He was speaking to me. I was to be one of the rare one's to be pardoned of the kiss of death. I was to be one of his Guardians of Pestilence. In the realm of death, that is a high rank. For it was I whom be destined of this awesome power. The power to vanquish this chaotic evil from whence thy came! I then woke up from my slumber. It felt as if an eternity had passed since I blacked out, but it was a mere 5 seconds. The reason why death spoke to me was because he needed help against this creature. Even though he is the master of death, Cthulhu wasn't that easy to kill. My orders were crystal clear: find the chosen ones, be blessed of Grimm power, and do whatever we could do to help. I know my city very well, so it wasn't hard to find them,  because the chosen ones were my friends. I know all of them. I went to school with them. I went on adventures with them. I even went to 13 birthday parties in a row with one of them. The one I am basically bound to the genetic core with. We had saved the earth before. That doesn't seem right. Why in the world would I say that? It seemed like a dream I had once before. But I can't remember why it seems so...real. As if this has happened before.

A few hours later, our small band of Guardians of Pestilence had grouped and were ready to be blessed. Death commanded we make a circle with our souls. So we stood in a circle like fashion, hand in hand, ready to accept our new abilities. We blacked out as he spoke in a soft, yet stern tone, uttering the words ever so calmly: “Let Death pass you by, for I see that you welcome it as part of your mortal realm. It is part of your life. You embrace it. And so because of this, I dub thee, Hell knights of Pestilence. Go forth, and vanquish thou evil! Go forth, and take your reign among the gods! Become the gods for which thy be destined! VANQUISH ALL WHOM STAND IN THINE WAY!!!!!!” Tis deed be done and we shall destroy this punk ass! I for sure felt like a Hellknight! I had wings of steel! A microscopic sharp blade! I had a gun that could put a hole through a tank! And my armor. Oh, my armor was the coolest thing you ever done seen. It was my skin. For my skin is the armor! My skin is metal. But it feels organic. Very awesome, indeed, reader.

But this tale is not over yet. I still have more to tell you. When the 12 of us took up our new selves, we formulated our own separate plans to kill Cthulhu. My part of the plan is simple: Go for his chaos bent soul. Straight through the sternum and out through the middle of the spine, completely wasting his evil energies. Strangely enough, I began to absorb those energies. I then transfused them to make them my own type of energy to use against him. I have finally gained the upper hand in this battle. I can now start to truly become the thing that I was meant to be. And that thing is what caused the downfall of man. The thing that God had banished so many eons ago. The thing that was supposed to be the greatest creation of the things in the universe, besides the evolution of what is now human beings. What you know as humans, DE-evolved from the superior beings that had once roamed this planet before the Great Cataclysm. The same Great Cataclysm that had begun the uni.....(static)

(END TRANSMISSION)

“WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!?!?”
“I don't know general. It was working just fine when I found the SD Card this morning.”
“WELL FIX IT PRIVATE. I NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THAT CATACLYSM AND IF IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING THAT CAN BRING CTHULHU DOWN! WE DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME LEFT UNTIL HE ARISES AGAIN. THEY PUT HIM DOWN ONCE, BUT THAT'S ALSO WHAT GOT THEM KILLED. FIX THE CARD, THEN GET ME THE COORDINATES OF ALL 13 HELLKNIGHTS. NOW PRIVATE!!” “But sir, I think-” “NOW PRIVATE OR I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD ON A STICK FOR TREASON!” “Understood, sir!”

“Goddamn. How the hell are we supposed to kill Cthulhu? He's too strong. Even if you do go back out there sir, you won't be strong enough.  The other 13 Hellknights are dead and or missing. Not a single tra-” “Shut up. I know what needs to be done. And I will get it done. For Azrael and for Death. For the fate of the universe. And for the chosen one. The one that lead the original 13 Hellknights. I am his brother. He was only 24 when he unleashed the power for which he had unlocked. But before he was born, that was when they selected him. Selected him for this game of...whatever it might be called. And I was the last option of retaliation if all else failed. So tell me general. Do you think I’m still not strong enough to back into battle, even though I am the last act of defense for this planet? Do you still think that The Order of Hell will not prevail? If so, then you'll just have to come with me into the Nightmare Zone. If you do happen to survive, you'll end up changing your mind about me and my ability to fight and to never give up. What do you say general? You wanna go into the place where no sane man has lived long enough to say so?” “I'll go with you. Just so I can see what you guys are all about.” “Alrighty then! Onward to battle, my mighty general!”

I wrote this because I felt the need to write something terrifingly awesome! Enjoy! And have your mind's be blown away. Part 2 of the story will be coming out soon.