Visual Kei Vampires | Teen Ink

Visual Kei Vampires

March 18, 2015
By ElestialRaven BRONZE, Moffat, Colorado
ElestialRaven BRONZE, Moffat, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it is open.


I stand among the crowd of Visual Kei lovers a little less than a head above my Japanese friend and others at the Shibuya AX.  My Japanese Cherry Blossom perfume barely masks the odors of nearly 2000 people crashing into my body as they all wanted to get a look at Acid Black Cherry. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a girl with purple hair. She wore a shawl made of mesh and what looked like violet leaves covering a corset style shirt of leather and velvet, a light purple schoolgirl skirt, and knee high platform boots. On her arms were two very handsome Japanese men with blue and black hair spiked in every which way down to their shoulders. Matching their hair was a pirate jacket in dark, dark blue with electric blue stitching. The only thing outdoing their other clothes were the electric blue tight-as-can-be leather pants. I momentarily thought how could someone love two people at the same time when I could hardly love one? How could those three people be Ok with sharing each other.
I felt my body being dragged down, cutting off my train of thought in the process, by my best friend, Akira. His name meant bright in Japanese. He yelled in my ear, “BE GLAD YOUR DAD WAS NATIVE AMERICAN, YOU GIANT! At least you can see! I am stuck down here?”
Akira was rainbow-unicorn-gay. He came up with the term, not me. He wore an “I love zombies” shirt that cut off right above his belly button, a pink puffy mini skirt with fish net leggings, and 3 inch heel platform boots with bright green lacings, matching the coloring of the wording on this shirt. His pink and black layered emo hair, sported a polka-dot bow the size of Tokyo, which matched his pink polka-dot cat ear hoodie that he never left home without. 
“YOU COULD ALWAYS SIT ON MY SHOULDERS.” I shouted back.
He gave me a double flip off , green and black finger nail polish saying, “Hi”, and responded, “Not in that outfit.”
“Quit complaining baka, we have front row spots,” I told him. Baka was slang for stupid.
I laughed at his light blue lipstick frown and placed my fingers in the metal fence surrounding the stage. At a little over 6 feet, I was barely able to see above the barrier. The outfit he was talking about came to the forefront in my mind. My boots were 5 inch heels with enough buckles to supply half the strait jackets in an insane asylum. My pants were normal Visual Kei style shorts with chains connecting  the shorts to the black and red bell bottom pants, with a gap between them. The gap started high at my thighs and ended low on my thighs just a little above my knee with fish nets peeking through. My shirt was a blood red corset with safety pins holding it together instead of lacing; a lace undershirt shown through the gaps. The main reason why Akira had not wanted to sit on my shoulders was my jacket. The jacket in question was a leather, floor length vampire style, in a dark blood red leather. The sleeves pointed at the wrists. The collar was pointed and made from a very stiff leather covered in small silver, slightly sharp studs that also adorned the shoulders and the front of the jacket.
Along with the rest of the crowd I began to chat “Yasu, Yasu!!” the name of the singer of Acid Black Cherry, which was a solo project of the lead singer of Janne Da Arc. He came on stage, the red lights shining on his short cut and longer on the other side, newly dyed blond hair. A white, crisp shirt with a black tie that has his emblem, a cherry and tongue combination, and black leather pants made his ensemble. He began to rile the crowd with sayings like “excited to be here?”, “want to see this new band?” We all screamed "yes". The chorus of Hai, the Japanese word for yes, was ear splitting drowned out only by the sound of Acid Black Cherry launching into "Jigsaw". I began to dance to the song, my head pounding to the rocking rhythm sending my black and red long hair swinging in all directions. The songs came hard and fast, broken only by one soft song, "Aishitenai", the meaning being, I don’t love you.
He ended his performance with that song and introduced Versailles the next act. They came out in their version of Visual Kei. Victorian style clothes but with more skin showing, more vibrant colors, and their hair dyed in the darker side of the rainbow. I did not pay much attention to them, for I did not like Versailles all that much. However the tone of the music still made it to my ears with a heavy metal, classical feel.  I danced along with Akira, whose dancing form was much like a squirrel on crack. All hectic with this pink hair flopping into his eyes and bow bouncing on top of his head.
The lead singer of the band, Kamijo left with a, “Ready to see the new band?”
A scream of, Hai, was his departure and Vampire Knights arrival. “I give you Vampire Knight.”
As soon as the band stepped on stage I felt as though I had gone into an episode of the anime Vampire Knight with a few changes made here and there, mainly the clothes. The loose, flowing, white suits of the Night Class ( vampires ) were replaced with tight white leather. The buttons still looking like silver roses, and the ties rivers of blood running down the band’s necks. But what really sent me saying “Are”, or Oh my, in Japanese slang, was the twins, Zero and Ichiru Kiryu. They looked the same as the anime, tall slender form, hair silver and moonlight kissed. Their eyes were pale lavender almost grey but not. Ichiru’s hair fell to the nape of his neck, which also held the bell necklace that normally held his hair in a ponytail while Zero’s hair was his normal spiky-slick, cheek length hair. Both of the twins looked extremely handsome, shown even more by Akira nearly fainting from the sight of them. Out of my eye I noticed other band members looked like  people from the anime, but I was too entranced with the silver haired anime gods to pay much attention.
Ichiru began to speak,  saying, “This band was made to honor the anime Vampire Knight and the first song we will sing is the opening to the first season of Vampire Knight, "Futatsu No Kodou To Akai Tsumi"."
The anticipation in the crowd grew to a boiling point. I was suffocated by the desire to hear the twins sing. Their voices came to my ears like silk, caressing my mind and heart. Zero and Ichiru sang in perfect harmony. Their voices smooth and sweet, with a hint of harsher undertones. On/Off had nothing on the Vampire Knight band. The vampire twins ruled the stage, performing intricate dance moves that set women and men on “fire”. A dance move ended in the twins sprawling down on the ground, hips raised, microphones in their right hand, left hands spread on the metal floor along with their hair. As they got up they clasped hands and touched their lips to the other twin’s hand. Ichiru’s lips to Zero’s hand and vice versa. The crowd went wild, begging for more. More was given with launching into their next song, "Ryu", which meant dragon. I began to rock out to the pounding rhythm. Akira grabbed me by my collar and shouted in my ear “THIS IS SO BLOODY COOL.”
I nodded and went back to watching the vampire twins. Their voices and appearances had captured my heart. Two more songs later with sensual dances and sensual lyrics, they started their last song. ""Rondo", the opening to the second season of Vampire Knight. Ichiru and Zero pulled the switch from heavy metal to pop with ease, singing with a combined voice, enticing us all to listen. Just listen, no dancing. The crowd was completely entranced in the lilting voice of the twins. Their voices had become one. Their bodies looked as if they were one joined at the hip, hands clasped. Tears began to run down my cheeks at the beauty presented before me. The beauty of one being. Wait, wait there were two singers. So why did it look like there was only one singer. I blinked my eyes and still only saw one. I tried to look away but my eyes were fixed on the silver haired Kami or god singing on the stage. With the end of the song, the twins became twins again instead of a single entity, two voices instead of one, two bodies instead of one. I knew what I had seen to be real, the twins had become one. I quickly remember something about how in the anime the twins had once been one in the womb but had split into twins later.
Zero spoke this time, “The second moment you have been waiting for has arrived!” as he said this I felt his eyes boring into mine. I felt him looking into my soul. Those lavender eyes held so much. I was lost inside them, unable to look away. Everything else was gone. The crowd, his voice, even Akira. Then I felt Ichiru’s eyes travel up my body, approving me through the fence. His eyes locking on mine as well. My eyes were fixed, yet, I was looking at both of them and both of them were looking at me. I knew I must be imagining this, for how could these Visual Kei, anime, silver haired Kamis be staring at me. Me, the half Native American, half Japanese long haired, skin the color of a soft tanned leather and a large chested girl named Mew Chi. I was beautiful but no one had ever looked at me the way they did, with lust, passion, admiration, respect, and above all love. I did not know how I knew Zero and Ichiru were looking at me with love, but they were.
The spell was broken when I heard my name whispered in my ear, Chi Mew-chan, Chi Mew-chan,  Blood Mew-chan, two voices at the same time using the Japanese way of saying a name. The last name first. The voices in my head caressed and weaved their way around my brain, heart, and soul. The chan at the end meaning a tile of a lover or someone you care about. The whispering got louder and louder Chi Mew- chan,  Chi Mew-chan, CHI MEW-SAN. The last whisper was a shout and came from outside my head and used the name-ending for someone addressing an equal. I gasped and nearly fell backward, caught only by Akira.
He screamed in my ear “MEW, YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO GO BACKSTAGE AND MEET VAMPIRE KNIGHT!!”
“WHAT?” I screamed back. “HOW?”
“I DON’T KNOW, JUST GO!”  I nodded, still in a daze from staring into the eyes of the vampire twins. Not to mention the voices, who I now knew was theirs, speaking in my head, basically calling me a lover. 
The next few minutes were a blur as I was led backstage, which happened to be the second floor of the Shibuya AX, by a sumo wrestler type guy. I walked into a room filled with long, draping red curtains, a couch made of black velvet, soft lighting, and two very handsome vampires. They smiled at me, fangs that appeared real gleaming at me. My vision was drawn to their lavender eyes, all the more impressive up close.
Konban wa.” I greeted them Japanese “I am Chi Mew desu.”  I used the word desu that helps to tell people who they are, and konban wa the greeting for a night time meeting like this.
They bowed to me, hands sweeping to one side, bending at the waist with hair flowing over their faces. They greeted me back and said as one, their voices barely distinguishable from each other, “We know who you are.”
I nodded and said, “How did I get picked to see you?”
“You did not get picked. You were chosen.” They spoke as one again. Their words sent a chill through my body. Deep down, I knew I was not just chosen to go backstage, but chosen for something more. As if reading my mind they spoke,q “You will find out that "more" soon, but first tell us about you.”
“What do you want to know?”
Ichiru spoke alone this time, “Are you single?”
With one word I spoke the sad truth, “Yes.”
They both spoke this time voices slightly sad, a little annoyed, and very much relieved. “Why?”
“In short all the guys want to have the status of bedding the different girl, but none want to have the status of being her girlfriend.”
Zero spoke, “Well they are idiots.”
Ichiru spoke, “Do you find us attractive, because we find you attractive?”
I nodded, “Yes, I find you very attractive bishonen.” I used the modern slang term for cute guy.
They smiled and spoke as one, “Excellent.” That word sent chills all through my body both good and bad. “The “more” you were wondering about is you have been chosen to be our Hanayome.”  Hanayome meant bride.
“WHAT!!!!!!”
     A beautiful smirk curved their lips, with fangs showing as they came closer to me. I felt their lack of body heat as they moved to either side of me, mere inches away from me lips on either side of my ears. They whispered in my ears as one “As you may have guessed we are vampires, we can show you if you would like.” I nodded not really able to think very well with them so close to me, their hands on my hips, nails slightly digging into my exposed skin. I felt their fangs pierce my flesh, and blood, my blood being sucking into their mouth and running down my neck. I felt extreme pleasure at having them bite me. They finished with a lick over the two small holes. As soon as their teeth left my body I felt clear headed again. I did not feel what normal people would have felt, I did not want to go running and screaming from the room. I wanted to hear what else they had to say. I wanted to stay.
“You were able to see us change into one being. No one has been able to do that before. You saw us do something only our bride could do. Vampire brides can see the true natures of their husbands. Our true nature is that we are one and we are two. We share two bodies and we share one."
I nodded, taking it all in, knowing what they said was true.
“We are in love with you. You were so different, so unlike all the girls we had seen. We want you. Love, lust, and passion you see it all in our eyes and we see it all in your eyes.”
They moved around to face me, lavender eyes burning into my soul and heart, bringing a truth I never thought I would think up to the surface. As I looked into their eyes I knew I loved both of them, I never thought it possible for me to love two people at the same time but I did. I knew I could not live without either of them. I knew I could not choose between either of them. I wanted them both. I knew we all could share each other. We were meant to be together.
The vampire twins, Ichiru and Zero Kiryu, and their bride Mew Chi. Mew Blood. My last name, Blood, came to play with the fact my husbands were vampires who would drink my blood.
Aishiteru,” I love you, I told them. They smiled and leaned down to what I thought was to bite me, but instead they kissed me at the same time. Their lips were cold against mine, but I did not mind. Soon my lips would be just as cold. The vampire bride to her Zero and Ichiru-chan. Lovers of Visual Kei, themselves, and me.


The author's comments:

This was an English Assigment my Sophomore year, we had to tell a short story about a differnt culture. I chose one of my favorite cultures, Japanese and Visual Kei. I had to incorporate vampires, after all they are one of my favorite things as well. This story is tribute to my favorite type of music and first ever Anime I watched, Vampire Knight. I hope you enjoy reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it.