The End | Teen Ink

The End

By BlakeTheMistake BRONZE, Boulder, Colorado
BlakeTheMistake BRONZE, Boulder, Colorado

Fly Obese Denise, Fly like a... fly? - My Friend Lils

She sat in the snow. The tears rolling down her face, freezing before they had a chance to fall. Frost forming on her hair. She sat in the snow, the empty snowscape stretched out around her. The running car behind her, the exhaust carving a thin trail into the sky. She was alone again. After years of trying to belong, trying to make herself known, and make friends. She had been shut out again. She lost all her friends. She had lost all connections. She had ruined herself again. She kept crying, she could cry now. Now that it was “acceptable”. Now that she had no one who would care. No one who would stop her. No one who could stop her. She laid down in the snow. Letting the freezing cushion encompass her, the snow falling around her, slowly making a thin layer on her. The cold leeching the warmth, the life force out of her. She closed her eyes accepting her end. The tears freezing as they left her eyes creating an icy mask on her cheeks. The cold faded away and she could feel as the blood left her fingers, her hands, her arms, as her body struggled to keep from destruction. She couldn't hear, she couldn't see, her breathing became shallow and quiet. She smiled as she came to the end. The cold and ice claiming her. A truck stopped next to her car. A woman stepped out, tears also on her face as she saw her friend, lying in the snow, the blanket of ice, covering her. She looked upon her friend as she fell to her knees. It was her fault. She had told her friend that she hated her, that she never wanted to see her again. She never meant it, she was only joking. She only acted mad, only acted that she didn't want her to be her friend. But she couldn’t save her, not in the end. She had lost her best friend. Her sister. And it was her fault. She had killed her sister. And there was no telling her otherwise. She had done this. And she would never forgive herself. Her sister had died because of her actions. She laid down on top of her sister's chest, knowing she was gone, but hoping, praying for a heartbeat. She listened trying to hush her own crying. After a few minutes, she gave up, the last shred of hope, gone. She knew there was no saving her now. She was gone, truly gone. She laid down, on top of her sister. Not trying to warm her, but trying to freeze herself. Her sister, her friend had died, and now she was going to join her. A life without her sister, was nothing. No meaning. She held her sister in her arms. The cold leaching into her limbs. Into her core. She didn't care that it hurt, she didn't care that she would die. She only wanted to see her sister again. But as she laid there, she thought of all the people who still cared about her. Her mother. Her friends. She thought about how much they needed her, how much they cared about her. She tried to shove it out of her mind. But they kept begging her to stay. She thought of her sister. How mad she would be if she died. If she left. Her sister would hate her for leaving all her family, her friends. She stood back up tear on her face, and picked her sister up and put her in her truck and turned the heat up, she kept crying as she pulled away from the empty car, and spot where her sister had taken her life. Over the next years, she descended into depression and sadness, she drank almost every day, as she thought about her sister and how she had caused her death. Every weekend she went the the place she died and laid in her spot and every weekend her family would come and get her. Before the same fate that had befallen upon her sister, come upon her. But one weekend when her family was gone, she went to the same place she had gone every weekend, the same place her sister died, and no one came to get her. She laid there, the snow falling on her face, the ice forming on her hair. And arms. And all over. The ice draining her of her life. She laid there, crying, thinking about her sister, and how much she loved her. How much she missed her. How much she wanted to see her sister again. As she closed her eyes, her breath slowed, her heartbeat became almost undetectable. And her last breath, escaped her lips as her life was stolen from her, as it had been from her sister.

Kinda just wrote this cause I wanted to so... Yeah.