The Murder | Teen Ink

The Murder

September 12, 2017
By Leeia66 SILVER, South Jordan, Utah
Leeia66 SILVER, South Jordan, Utah
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew that we were having fun!"-Winnie the Pooh
"There are no bad ideas, Lemon, only good ideas that went horribly wrong."- Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock


The clock ticks in the hall loudly and the sounds of cars on the street ring in her ears. She swallowed, telling herself to calm down. That was just a story on the news, no one is coming to attack the small woman in bed, who is alone with no weapons near her. But the front door is near the kitchen and they could grab a knife and... she shook her head, thinking she was being ridiculous. She turned in her bed and closed her eyes.


BANG


        There was a noise coming from outside the front door and she got up from her bed and put her ear to the door to her bedroom.  She heard the door break and loud, high pitch, psychotic laughter as the person moves towards her. She backs away to try and find a weapon, only finding a wickedly sharp... pencil. She runs back to the door and locks it, and runs as quietly to her window as she could. She struggled to open it before the person came to her door. The laughter grew closer and louder as the person began to call out for a "Mary." She closed her eyes and gave the window one last mighty heave to try to escape and fails. She runs into her large closet and closes the door and locks it. Once inside she heard the person start to knock on the door to her room and says "Little Pig, Little Pig, let me come in."


        She moved to the back of her closet and her hand found a baseball bat. She grasped it and pulled it to her shoulder ready to smack them if they got into her room. She swallowed as she heard the sound of something hitting the door and winced as the wood cracked under the pressure. Her heartbeat grew faster and her mouth grew dry. She pulled the bat closer and got into the batter's stance. The sound of wood cracking came to an erupt end as the wood gave way and she could hear them push the wood of her door a little bit harder and the crash of the pieces falling to the ground. The person shriek and of joy and reached their hand through the hole they created and unlocked the door.

 

        "Here girly" they whispered walking around the water walking around the room. They walked over to the closet and she pressed her back against the wall, her breathing grew irregular. The person pressed against the door, the wood cracking under their weight.


        "Little Piggy, Little Piggy, let me come in," He hissed through the door nob. She pulled the bat closer to her and she planted to both feet firmly on the ground as the door slowly opened.  A face peers around the door and caught her gaze. His face was covered in cuts and he stunk like death. He smiled, showing his yellow, crooked teeth and his lips started to bleed from being stretched like that. His yellow clothes were covered in blood and his white hair was messy and muddy. She gasped in horror as he opened his mouth to speak.
        "Hello sweetie," he said. She screamed as he entered the closet. He had both of his hands behind his back and she gagged from the stench of him. He took out one of his hands from behind him and in it held a lead pipe. He walked toward her and held it up to hit her. She sent the bat towards the man's stomach as hard as she could. When it made contact, the man roared in pain. He moved towards her and smacked her in the head with the pipe. She gasped as she fell to the ground and everything went black.


        The next day one of her friends came to her house to look for the fallen woman. When the friend found her, horror washed over them. The woman laid in the closet with blood covering her face and her scarlet clothes were now sticky with it. Bruises laced her lovely pale skin. The friend called the police and they pronounced her dead.


        They discovered a few days later that the murder f Ms. Scarlet was caused by Colonel Mustard in the bedroom, with a lead pipe.