Personification: Judgement | Teen Ink

Personification: Judgement

By Il-Jasper GOLD, Tifton, Georgia
Il-Jasper GOLD, Tifton, Georgia

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

Judgment always carries along his quick and relentless mallet. In fact, he hoards them. In his words, the best mallet is the one weighed by no mercy. His myopia is terrible; however, he never listens to his doctors. Often because of his eyesight, he would distinguish those around him as a completely different person to their actual character. Even though he does not get along with other people, he is always seen with them. Always.

His clothes are colorless, his affinity to none. Constantly, he contemplates the locket which he wears always. Inside this locket is a photo of his beloved Truth; however, this photo has thus faded in texture due to the aging of time.

He does not hesitate. His favorite pastime is Whack-A-Mole, for he need not heed the faces or the complaint of the moles before smashing his condescending mallet into their heads. His occupation is scaling/weighing. His daily task is usually weighing the mass of his locket of Truth with the meager mass of the metal which we call Mercy.

Judgment particularly enjoys winter with his only friend, Indifference. However, he absolutely despises Forgiveness. During cloudy days, he would fixedly gaze upon the skies and never be persuaded by anything else. On Sundays, he would settles down to the couch to watch episodes of Boston Legal. His favorite literary character is Javert from Les Miserables. His born horoscope is the Libra, The Scales.