The Dizarae | Teen Ink

The Dizarae

January 26, 2011
By amanda1997 BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
amanda1997 BRONZE, Yuma, Arizona
3 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Two things are infinate: the universe and human stupidity;and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein


It was repulsive, disheveled, unorganized. Ugh! I searched my room and there it was. The Dizarae, in all its glory: a slimy, scaly, ghoulish, ghostlike monster completely made up of scattered and cluttered items. It ominously floated abroad muddling everything up. I hate everything that isn’t perfectly neat. The Dizarae was constantly taunting and chiding me; unsettling and disturbing everything in its path, it was horrible! It made me feel as if I were insignificant to my cause compared to its daunting mass.
The phantom was a creature of stealth. It used subtle movements in the form of a gentle breeze or nudged elbow to misplace hair and disturb items on a shelf. All were mishaps only I could spot. With every mischievous action it completed, it grew larger and more repulsive. I was constantly rushing around fixing and perfecting all the destruction it had left in its wake. One day, it came to a point where I didn’t have time or energy enough to do anything else. That was when I decided to be rid of this monstrosity once and for all.
It was difficult at first. “What are you going to do about it? You can’t hold me back forever!” its raspy voice was grating, grinding, and drilling its way through my skull into my thoughts. Therefore, it drove me to figure out what to do. I ignored it. I gradually and progressively made things so that they were organized, but not freakishly so. As my fears grew smaller and will grew stronger, the Dizarae slowly but surely began to disintegrate. Then, POOF! It eroded to little more than dust in the air. (Even the dust didn’t bother me!) Now my fear is naught but a good habit. Now, the Dizarae disarrays no more!


The author's comments:
At first, this was just an assignment given to me by my teacher, Mrs.Williams. Later she mentioned this web-site and suggested that I publish it. This is my first time submitting to teen ink, though I have had a few poems published. I hope you enjoy it!