the piece | Teen Ink

the piece

January 29, 2018
By Anonymous

Freddie! I challenge you to a game of chess! Marik was certain he was ready to face Freddie in a duel!
“Why should i face you, after you accused me of cheating?”
“I did no such thing!”
“We will see!”
“Let’s duel!”
Freddie - for my first move, i will move my pawn forward!
Marik- oh, that’s all you’ll be doing in just a few turns.
I move my knight outside of my pieces to start my strategy!
Freddie- i will capture your knight with my pawn! Ah hahahahaha!!
While freddie is laughing, marik secretly slips a piece forward. Freddie doesn’t notice.
Freddie - your move!
Marik looked at freddie with a hee-hee-i-just-cheated-you-and-you-didn’t-notice look.
Marik blinked slowly and made his move. He grinned
freddie - whatever you are grinning about,i’ll wipe it off your face!
Marik suddenly threw a black shadow disk and both him and freddie, sending them to the shadow realm.
Freddie- aieee! Where are we going ???
Marik- you will SEE!


To be continued…


Freddie- w-w-where are w-we?
Marik- we are playing for much more than just the bragging rights. We are playing for our souls in the shadow realm. Every time you lose a piece, a part of your soul will disappear. Now make your move before i just end the game and banish you to the shadow realm forever ahahahahah!!!

 

5 minutes later…
freddie(thinking to himself)
Ok, so far i’m playing pretty good defense, i’ve only lost three pawns and a knight.he has lost much more than me and i need to keep up the offense. But once he brings out that queen, it can move almost anywhere on the board and it will trash my team. But if i can outmaneuver him, i can win without losing too many pieces.
Freddie quickly takes marik’s rook with his pawn.


Marik- no,no,no,no,noooooo! Argh! He knew i was going to do that. But how? I moved my rook, but i defended it with another piece. It should’ve worked!
Marik looked at freddie with an exasperated how-did-you-know-i-was-going-to-do-that look
Freddie grinned. He was an inexperienced duelist, but when he caught marik in these expert moves, marik was too mad to make any good moves

Checkmate, marik!

Marik- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Suddenly the shadow disc flew up, whirred, and zapped marik into it and disappeared.