Top of the World: Dark vs Light | Teen Ink

Top of the World: Dark vs Light

September 16, 2015
By AngelicPhoenix GOLD, Tea, South Dakota
AngelicPhoenix GOLD, Tea, South Dakota
13 articles 1 photo 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
My favorite quote is I am protective and defensive of my wolf pack


Honara is a 17 year old girl, Her parents were murdered and they can't find the rest of her family so right now she's living with her mentor Fenishcia Monarie she's nice but a little to open about things while Honara is as shy as she gets. Honara can fight as good as the best soldier there is. Her special abilty was not discovered until something happened.

Chapter 1: The Laws

No harming children or animals punishment if happens the rule breaker will be sent to the Darks (A terrible place where all the bad people are sent they say that if you are sent there you never return)
        No caging wild animals if broken the punishment is the rule breaker get put in containment for a long time (Containment here is jail)
        No bulling, and other mental harming ways if there is the rule breaker will be sent to the Darks (remember I said it's a terrible place)

Our daily life is
        Everyone we know is unique no matter if they try not to their super human abilities are all different, Animal and child harming is taken care of immediately there's no bullying, No caging wild animals.
        Mentors help the kid(s) they were assigned too with what they are teaching them.
        The leader roams around making sure everythings runs smoothly.
        The police follows the leader and the doctor elps injured people and gives people their special abilities.

        We elect our leader right now her name is Hailey Richards until she dies we don't elect a new one

        About my city is it has lot and lots of buildings, orphanages, and Safe homes, but what I love the most is there are lots of plants and it's a big area of land.

        And in case you are wondering if you just skipped the Darks aren't african americans they are bad people of all races that live here they were sent into the out casts the bad zone. The lights are also all races of many kinds I am White mixed with a little Native but I don't look Native. I live in the middle of my town and all I got to say is boy do I love my town I love everything about it. I love the cold winters, the extremely warm summers, and of course who couldn't forget the animals but of course the leader blocked off the wild animals so they wouldn't get hurt I feel bad for the one without homes Because most of them had come from bad homes and you know the leader hates that.
        My dog is named Nalabear she's a husky and I also have a cat named Zoey they are my beautiful animals and I love them they are su cute.
        I have a lot of fish which we are aloud to have here in my hometown. I live in Honolandian a beautiful place to live full of wonderful people (almost) and the nicest people you can possibly think of. Well time to get you started.

Chapter 2: Chapter 1: The Darks and the Lights

Darks: They live in the woods little houses not a lot of people or animals surrounding them just a little place that they meet around and hang with other darks planning something big maybe I don’t know maybe just maybe. Some are there because of reasons that no one knows because before Hailey Richards became leader the darks were unknown if someone went missing we would tell the leader and have them search if they are found in the dark sectors well then you are fresh outta luck there my friend.
Lights: The good people never would hurt a fly, loves animals, some may be shy at first but they are wonderful. They assign mentors based on your special ability it’s just you get a mentor they train you with everything in the outside world you’d know them as teachers. Some are nice some are strict and some will give you homework even though Homework Wednesday is banned.

Chapter 3: Chapter 2: Finding out something shocking

I’m Honara Lonoku I’m a light of course I live in the village Honolandian it’s very beautiful I just love it many people live here that are like me I moved to this town from Honolulu, Hawaii it’s very beautiful I visit there occasionally but I’m not allowed to leave town anymore because of what happened outside. It was terrible bad things happened wars, murders. Grant Mavers decided to break away from all of that and made Hawaii into a city the whole island even the other islands except 1 the one with the volcano we put the darks there. We call them darks because they break the laws. I am with my mentor Fenishcia Monarie she’s a great mentor with a powerful gift she takes care of me since my parents had just up and vanished or as I would like to say they passed on. I would like to tell you more about my city but it’s best if you just live it with me.

“Honara wake up time to head down to the Mentor’s yard!” Fenishcia said I know she’s my mentor and I have to listen to her but I want to sleep.
“Wait a moment.” I said I got up and got into my student outfit I swear I looked like I was going to war Black combat suit with black combat boots but hey at least they’re stylish. “Ok I’m ready.” I walked down the hall and met my mentor at the gate.
“Ready for today’s training?” she asked
“Yeah but I don’t see why I have to where a combat suit it’s not like we’re going to war or anything.” She laughed nervously but I didn’t seem to notice. The only thing I noticed was what she murmured under her breath “War what war?” I asked her
“Nothing there’s no war just outside there is again they are asking us to side with them.”
“I don’t  want to side with them.” I said
“It’s not your decision it’s Hailey’s remember she’s our leader and if she chooses to then that is what we are going to do.” I knew my mentor was right but I didn’t want to be apart of a war where people get hurt and such could I have possibly gotten outta this or possibly could Hailey have gotten outta this and just stopped the mail coming from the Americas.
“Can’t she just stop all mail from coming from the America’s?” I asked grabbing a can of Ravioli from the shelf
“No because she knows people in the America’s that’s trying to convince people to stop fighting and convincing them to come here.” I was shocked that Hailey would do that.
“Why would she do that they could cause trouble here in this city she knows the rules!” I yelled
“Honara you don’t think she knows what she’s doing she does she’s trying to keep the world at peace.” she smiled and walked out the door.
I really hate what Hailey was doing but she was the leader what she says goes I suppose.

Chapter Notes:

This is not the big event this is way before the big event


The author's comments:

We were making Utopias in class so I was like why not write one and put it on here.