The Mysterious Man | Teen Ink

The Mysterious Man

November 8, 2014
By Warley GOLD, LONG ISLAND CITY, New York
Warley GOLD, LONG ISLAND CITY, New York
11 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't be afraid to show the world who you really are.


You have two choices either get your ass man handled by a bunch of crazy men or stay in a home with a complete stranger and be his house dog. the choice is yours.

Chapter 1: The Trust

Find her!

He screams as Mildrid runs through the dark forest. Trees cut to the ground as they gain up on her.

 

Picking up her pace she stops and rests her back on a tree, checking back for reassurance her breathing level soon returned back to normal as she spotted an old house that seemed to be abandoned.

 

She ran as fast as she could. Her mind was racing and this was her only way to stay safe.

 

"Hello!" She banged "Is anybody here!"

 

Slowly opening the door she walks into the darkness that corrupts the home. The door slams shut behind her as a mysterious voice draws her in.

 

"You have entered my home in seek of refuge. I am guessing."

 

Frightened by the voice she asks "who are you?"

 

Chuckling he responds "I should ask you that young lady."

 

"These - These," she stutters "These men are after me! Please help me!"

 

"No need to holler," He begins "of course I'll help you. You are my guest."

 

The lights flash on as a man in a black tuxedo stands atleast two feet away from her with a glass of champagne in his hand. Startled by his pale white skin and his dark brown eyes Mildrid screams, but catches herself.

 

"Relax, I am here to help you," he assures her.

 

Mildred hesistates and takes slow steps towards the mysterious man. He hands her a glass of champagne "take a sip, it won't hurt."

 

Pouring himself another glass of champagne he brings it to his succulent pink lips and takes a sip.

 

Mildrid stared in disbelief as she studied his feautures. For a man as gorgeous as he was it seemed almost impossible for him to hurt anyone. She began to develop a trust in him for maybe he could help her after all, she thought.

 

He smirked and arched a brow when she came back to her senses. Shaking her head she began "Look at this place, do you really like living in this dump? How dare you offer me a drink in this pig sty."

 

Suddenly taken back by her sudden outburst, he smirks and spreads his arms "you are free to do as you wish just don't cause a ruckus before those men find their way here."

 

He returns back to his seat and crosses his legs, watching Mildred's every movement. She dusts and sweeps, until the house is completly spotless.

 

He claps as his brown eyes captivate her once more.

 

"what are you staring at?" She asks

 

"Well I'm impressed. You're really good at this."

 

Her face flushes "Well you're welcome."

 

"I have a great idea Mildred."

 

"I'm all ears."

 

"Well it's as simple as this. I help you and you help me."

 

Arching a brow Mildred grabs he champagne that she placed on the table and sips. "I don't understand."

 

"I keep you away from your stalkers and you do me a favor in return."

 

"And what is your favor?"

 

"Well you can become my house cleaner."

 

Mildred laughed at his ridiculous suggestion "You're kidding right?"

 

Staring blankly without a hint of humor, he raised his eyebrows and added "do I look like I'm kidding?"

 

"No way," she stated.

 

"I help you and you help me that's how it goes."

 

The doors banged as they called "you must be in here Mildred."

 

Terrified, Mildred turned to the mysterious man "whatever just help me hide."

 

"Great," his pink lips curled into a smile as he took one last sip of his drink and grabbed the carpet.

 

"Get underneath."

 

"Are you insane? How is that going to help keep me safe?"

 

"Just shut up and do it." He remained straight faced as if his plan wasn't as ridiculous as it seemed.

 

She crawled on her knees and rested on the ground as the carpet was placed on top of her.

 

"Just stay there until I tell you to come out. Understood." The sound of his foot trails traveled to the door when he opened it and glared at his unwelcomed guests.

 

"Why are you disturbing my my piece?"

 

"I know you're hiding a woman somewhere around here. Tell me where she is before someone gets hurt."

 

"Is that a threat?"

 

"No lets just say it's an agreement."

 

"Oh really?"

 

The men grinned as the door was slammed in their faces.

 

"Problem solved." Were the last words I heard before a loud crash and someone dragging me from underneath the carpet.

Chapter Notes:

This chapter is just to give the readers a taste of what's to come.


The author's comments:

The piece first came to mind when I was sitting alone in quiet and allowed my mind to run wild.

 
Preferences
 
Preferences
 
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
 
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
 
Return
 
 
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
 
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
 
 
English
 
 
alt
alt
 
 
Preferences