Epic: The Brothers. | Teen Ink

Epic: The Brothers.

By callmeike SILVER, Denver, Colorado
callmeike SILVER, Denver, Colorado

Heroes die, Legends endure.

Deep within the forest, a scream echoed through the abundance of tall trees assaulting Azeal’s ears. He immediately woke from his slumber and turned to his side desperately trying to escape the horrible sound. It was of no use, the shriek felt as if it emanating within his head, he squirmed on the floor banging his head and limbs into the wall. He turned to see if John or Michael would assist him. Finally the horrid noise slowly died down. Doubled over, he slowly let his hands drop from his ears. He was still a little dazed from scream so he let himself recover.
A faint whisper came from the hallway calling his name, “Azeal, follow me, Azeal.” Something possessed him to walk out the door. Listening to the soothing woman’s voice, he left his sword on the floor beside John.
Everything downstairs was dark, he felt around tables and chairs until he reached outside the tavern. The torches were gone leaving only the luminous moonlight to guide Azeal to the source of the soft voice. Behind him, the earth was crumbling into oblivion, giving sight to a black abyss; still he continued to walk calmly.
Before long he caught eye of a woman near a small body of water that was lambent. It gave off a blue kind of light that made her white hair almost glow. She seemed naked and washing something within the water. She was aware of his presence and motioned for him to come closer. Although her hair was white, her face was very young; she looked a few years younger than Azeal. She wore markings that hugged her curves and went down to her ankles. She brought up a breastplate of armor from underneath the clear water, it was his. She smiled and gave a wicked giggle. She moved closer to Azeal, laying her delicate hands upon his bare shoulders. She then placed her lips on his kissing him passionately.
Still fixated on his breastplate he couldn’t enjoy the woman’s touch.
Her hands that had been so softly placed upon his face turned bony and rugged and her kissing intensified. Her lips became chapped an coarse, Azeal pushed away to see that the once beautiful woman had turn into a grotesque creature with the face of a corpse. A fiendish grin came across her face as he tried to get away from her cold grip. She let out an ear piercing screech that Azeal couldn’t endure. He fell to the floor twisting and turning, trying to get his hands free, but instead she mounted herself on top of him, taking in a deep breath she came in close so that her mouth was on the right side of his ear. Bracing himself for the oncoming assault he closed his eyes and gritted his teeth. Instead of giving a deafening scream, she whispered in a raspy voice, “You will die adventurer.”

This is a little excerpt from something that I have been working on for a while now. It's titled Epic: The Brothers.

MysticIndigo SILVER, Kent, Ohio
You should definitely post more of this story! I'd love to read the whole thing!

on Mar. 22 2012 at 12:43 am
AugustSummerFling PLATINUM, Mylapore, Chennai, Other

'For you, a thousand times over.' - Hassan, The Kite Runner

A professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit.

the scene could fit into Harry Potter :) very nice :)

on Mar. 22 2012 at 12:43 am

on Mar. 22 2012 at 12:41 am

this was awesome :) I would love to read the whole story! very intriguing! Please check out my work too :) you're an amazing writer :)

Angelgirl39 GOLD, Monument, Colorado

\"I can sum up all I have learned about life in three words: It goes on\"
~Robert Frost

\"Those who dream by day are often more aware of things then those who dream only by night\"
~Edgar Allan Poe

Wow! I really loved it! Great job :) :D

TaurusGal GOLD said...
on Mar. 21 2012 at 9:01 am
TaurusGal GOLD, Hong Kong, Other
Very very good... I am impressed. Plus you can read my work and leave comments so that i can learn from you.

Zero GOLD said...
on Mar. 21 2012 at 8:27 am
Zero GOLD, Langley, Washington
That was reeeeaaalllyyy good! Very intense and amazing details!!!

deleted said...
deleted, Miami, Florida
Whoa this is super intense!! I wanna see the rest of the story... it's really good :)

Lady_Lemon GOLD, Franklin, Wisconsin
Thats really good ike. Do you think you would add on to it? Like make it a little longer than a short story? :P 

callmeike SILVER, Denver, Colorado

Heroes die, Legends endure.

Thank you, I really apreciate it. I'm thinking about putting some more of my story but im not sure yet.

kassija said...
kassija, Russian Town, Other

this is amaaaaaaazing!!!

oh my god this is so good!