Epic: The Brothers. | Teen Ink

Epic: The Brothers.

March 12, 2012
By callmeike SILVER, Denver, Colorado
callmeike SILVER, Denver, Colorado
5 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
Heroes die, Legends endure.


Deep within the forest, a scream echoed through the abundance of tall trees assaulting Azeal’s ears. He immediately woke from his slumber and turned to his side desperately trying to escape the horrible sound. It was of no use, the shriek felt as if it emanating within his head, he squirmed on the floor banging his head and limbs into the wall. He turned to see if John or Michael would assist him. Finally the horrid noise slowly died down. Doubled over, he slowly let his hands drop from his ears. He was still a little dazed from scream so he let himself recover.
A faint whisper came from the hallway calling his name, “Azeal, follow me, Azeal.” Something possessed him to walk out the door. Listening to the soothing woman’s voice, he left his sword on the floor beside John.
Everything downstairs was dark, he felt around tables and chairs until he reached outside the tavern. The torches were gone leaving only the luminous moonlight to guide Azeal to the source of the soft voice. Behind him, the earth was crumbling into oblivion, giving sight to a black abyss; still he continued to walk calmly.
Before long he caught eye of a woman near a small body of water that was lambent. It gave off a blue kind of light that made her white hair almost glow. She seemed naked and washing something within the water. She was aware of his presence and motioned for him to come closer. Although her hair was white, her face was very young; she looked a few years younger than Azeal. She wore markings that hugged her curves and went down to her ankles. She brought up a breastplate of armor from underneath the clear water, it was his. She smiled and gave a wicked giggle. She moved closer to Azeal, laying her delicate hands upon his bare shoulders. She then placed her lips on his kissing him passionately.
Still fixated on his breastplate he couldn’t enjoy the woman’s touch.
Her hands that had been so softly placed upon his face turned bony and rugged and her kissing intensified. Her lips became chapped an coarse, Azeal pushed away to see that the once beautiful woman had turn into a grotesque creature with the face of a corpse. A fiendish grin came across her face as he tried to get away from her cold grip. She let out an ear piercing screech that Azeal couldn’t endure. He fell to the floor twisting and turning, trying to get his hands free, but instead she mounted herself on top of him, taking in a deep breath she came in close so that her mouth was on the right side of his ear. Bracing himself for the oncoming assault he closed his eyes and gritted his teeth. Instead of giving a deafening scream, she whispered in a raspy voice, “You will die adventurer.”

The author's comments:
This is a little excerpt from something that I have been working on for a while now. It's titled Epic: The Brothers.