University of North Carolina | Teen Ink

University of North Carolina

By Aniyah BRONZE, Wimington, Delaware
Aniyah BRONZE, Wimington, Delaware

Attending a college is a process some may find easy or difficult. The major key aspects you look for throughout college searches are interests, majors, and opportunities you can obtain. Once your mind is set you and you are ready to attend, you’re opening yourself to a new journey and many different experiences in your life.

University of North Carolina, located Chapel Hill, NC, a school what offers a wide range of options for students to choose from. UNC contains 16 public campuses, along with the NC School of Science and Mathematics. UNC is a college town with many trees surrounding. The environment has some country characteristics since its located in NC.UNC has a total of 29,084 students for the fall. Majors offered which is Arts, Biological and Health Sciences, Business, Physical Sciences. Psychology, Biology, and Economics are the most favorite majors within the campuses, NC is also known for these majors. UNC is ranked #30 in Nation Universities. The ranking goes according to excellence throughout their performance of widely accepted indicators.

The environment is very neutral. Discrimination pertains to no one within the campuses. The outlook of the campuses results in the football field appearing directly in the middle. Buildings have their own sections according to the majors listed. Some areas are very distant, so the transit drives throughout the campuses. Sports such as Collegiate Athletic Assoc., Club Sports, and Intramural/ Recreational Sports are offered at UNC. Air Force ROTC, Army ROTC and Navy ROTC are offered as extra -curricular activities.

My opinion on UNC is that many options they have there to choose from puts the students in a more comfortable space. They have a chance to expand their mind on what they want to accomplish at UNC. UNC differs from other colleges because of its area and the variety of people within the area who pertains to many different majors. I recommend students to consider UNC because it can be a step to progress in achieving in your career. Anyone from anyplace will find this place comfortable, no one is treated any different. I love it.

When picking colleges it challenges you to go deep within yourself to actually find what you actually want to do and how far you’re willing to go. Achieving this step can trigger success within your life. Use the opportunity to be successful forever.