Warrentech | Teen Ink

Warrentech

By kittykatmaxkat BRONZE, Idaho Springs, Colorado
kittykatmaxkat BRONZE, Idaho Springs, Colorado

I have always been fascinated with the way that cause and effect works. Such as how one thing leads to another. This particular fascination is what lead me to forensic science, and in turn Warrentech. Warrentech is an amazing school with college level programs that help you decide what to do after high school. This school is what prompted my transition from childhood into adulthood. So off I went to a new school with plenty of new opportunities and new people, which turned out to be a challenge for me.

To get accepted into Warrentech I had to go through an interview process and write a paper about why I wanted to go there. All day people were being called up to the office for their interviews. I was extremely nervous walking up. When I got to the office, the three people that were there asked me to read my paper out loud to them. My voice was shaking as I read it and my palms were sweating. After I stuttered through the entire paper they asked me a couple of questions and I was done. After the interview I was not expecting to get in, because I had been so anxious throughout the whole process. A couple of weeks later they again called me up to the office and told me that I was one of the best applicants they had had and it was almost guaranteed that I was going to get in. I was so excited that I was going to be taking the first step towards the career that I want to pursue.

At first, going to Warrentech was a bit of a challenge for me. Walking up to the small purple building was terrifying. For the past 12 years I’ve gone to school with almost all of the same kids. I haven’t had to leave my comfort zone since around kindergarten. Since I am not an outgoing person, starting conversations is hard for me and being surrounded by people I didn’t know was not a factor that helped. But the class went by with lots of talking and laughing and I realized that I was going to do great in this new program, and hopefully later in my career. This program is so helpful because it shows what it’s going to be like in the field of a certain job. I can see firsthand what I will be doing after high school. My life after school is hard to think about since I have spent 13 years of my life in school. Warrentech helps to soften the blow of the reality that it’s not going to last forever. It has also helped me realize that it’s time to get on track to my career.

Going to Warrentech has helped me grow in more ways than one. I am now more confident in my ability to go out and do things. I can talk to people without being completely awkward. This program has taught me how to manage my time efficiently, which is a valuable lesson for later on in life when I have important deadlines to meet. Warrentech has changed me so much, and it’s all for the better.

Auto Tech said...
on Sep. 25 2014 at 9:18 am
Great Personal narrative. It was relatable and easy to follow. Look forward to more.

on Sep. 19 2014 at 9:04 pm
Jadon Farnum BRONZE, Evergreen, Colorado
Love it! :) And you were never that awkward haha, I'm the awkward one