University of Delaware | Teen Ink

University of Delaware MAG

September 1, 2011
By Adrian Chinnery BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Adrian Chinnery BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Newark, DE: Do you know where you want to go to college? Well, if you are looking for a fun, upbeat, popular college, then the University of Delaware (UD) may be the place for you!

The University of Delaware's main campus is located in Newark, which has the reputation as the best college town in the state. Other locations, including Wilmington, Dover, Georgetown, and Lewes, may be more convenient depending on where you live. UD has more than 20,000 students and offers over 100 academic majors. The university is known for its business and engineering programs and the study abroad program, which are top ranked. To get in, you must be a good student with a résumé that jumps off the page, especially if you are trying to get into UD from out of state.

The environment/atmosphere at UD is very upbeat and welcoming. It's easy to find your way around campus. The beautiful Georgian-inspired buildings make you want to study because you feel surrounded by history. The classrooms and library are technologically advanced. The dorm rooms at UD are very comfortable and generally larger than a typical bedroom. The University of Delaware has 23 intercollegiate teams and a vast variety of extracurricular activities for you to get involved in.

The University of Delaware's best quality is how open and spread-out everything is. Despite that fact, the campus is easily accessible. All of the facilities, including the sports complexes, are magnificent and feel comfortable. What really sets the University of Delaware apart from other schools is how beautiful it is with its Georgian buildings and green spaces. If you are looking for a big college in a small college town, UD may be the perfect place for you.

If you're looking for a fun college experience in a charming town in a small state, be sure to check out the University of Delaware. For more information, go to www.udel.edu.