Providence College | Teen Ink

Providence College MAG

Providence RI: Providence College is a small facility which is just right for its enrollment of 3200 people. Even though the campus is set in a city, I was not bombarded by a jungle of concrete buildings, but I enjoyed the many trees, the green grass and the squirrels which encompass the college and give it a homey atmosphere. Being a Catholic college, it has a special stone altar in the yard where masses are held in the warm weather.

My friend who toured me, showed me a building of privately-owned food stores which are run by friendly, helpful students. He then showed us the science and language buildings, the church, and the gymnasium which had everything from indoor batting cages to an indoor track.

However, I was most impressed with my friend's dorm room. As you enter, there was a living room, a kitchen with such added advantages as a microwave and a dishwasher, two full baths, and three bedrooms - two students to a room.

As I left the campus, I drove through the beautiful city in which the college is located. Providence College is a good college to look into attending if you are the type of person who enjoys a friendly atmosphere, a small student body, and a warm, attractive campus. I know I definitely enjoyed visiting it and maybe you will too. n

Reviewed in 1991

i love this !