Yale | Teen Ink

Yale MAG

By Anonymous

   New Haven, CT: Students who are looking for an excellent school with a variety of courses need look no further than Yale. Yale offers about two thousand courses per year in every subject from accounting to Zulu.

But the first thing I thought of upon entering the grounds was not the wide variety of courses, but the beautiful campus. Located in the center of New Haven, Yale is surrounded by lush parks and quaint old houses. The eighty buildings that make up Yale are themselves situated among tall trees and lavish gardens.

As I made my way to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions through the throngs of students, I became a bit apprehensive. A person like me would be totally lost here! But my fears subsided as my interviewer explained the unique workings of the campus system.

Yale is divided into twelve residential colleges. Each college, aside from having sleeping quarters and a dining hall, has its own library, common rooms, and athletic teams. Each college offers academic credit courses. Concerts and dramatic presentations are also given by each college. In short, Yale is divided into twelve separate families.

There are many advantages to going to Yale University. Founded in 1701, Yale has a reputation for excellence. Graduating from an Ivy League school will definitely give you an edge over your competition when applying for a job.

Living in New Haven is another plus of attending Yale. It is located two hours from both Boston and New York City. That means that you can go see a Boston Pops concert on a Friday night and spend Saturday touring the "Big Apple."

A great liberal education plus so many bonuses convinced me that my top choice for college is Yale. If you want to go places in life, Yale is the place to go. f


Reviewed in 1995