Quinnipiac | Teen Ink

Quinnipiac MAG

By Anonymous

   Hamden, CT: If you are looking for a small college that offers a wide range of first-rate resources, facilities and extracurricular activities, I recommend Quinnipiac College.

Only three hours from Boston, I had the opportunity to visit Quinnipiac while classes were in session. It is a beautiful college to visit. I had pre-scheduled an interview, from which I learned more about the college and my particular area of study. With a tour from an upperclassman, I saw many different classes in session.

The average class is usually 25-30 students with a student/faculty ratio of 15: 1. The three major fields of study are: The School of Business, Allied Health and Natural Sciences, and Liberal Arts; and also next fall, they are anticipating opening the School of Law. At Quinnipiac, with small class size, you can be sure that extra help will be available and that your professor will know you by name and not by a number.

There are over 60 different organizations to which you can belong, as well as a variety of intramural sports.

Quinnipiac is a member of NCAA Division II and the Northeast 10 Conference of the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference. Sports teams for women include basketball, cheerleading, cross country, soccer, softball, tennis, and volleyball. For guys there is baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, ice hockey, lacrosse, soccer and tennis. The student radio station, WQAQ, is a wonderful opportunity to work in the communications field.

The dorms are well-located and modern. You can choose from quadruples, triples, suites, townhouses, and apartments which are available. Each room is hooked up to cable and on each first floor is a kitchen. In one particular dorm males are on one side and females on the other, with a study area accessible from either side. Many seniors live on campus because there are apartments available for upperclassman.

Quinnipiac has a beautiful campus and I highly recommend visiting and scheduling an interview to see if Quinnipiac might be the right school for you! f




Reviewed in 1995