Univeristy Of Maryland | Teen Ink

Univeristy Of Maryland MAG

University of MarylandCollege Park, MD: I had the great opportunity to visit the University of Maryland. When I saw the campus, my jaw dropped. It is a beautiful school with big buildings and long stretches of grass surrounded by trees.

There are many dorms located in the middle of campus. In the basements are washers and driers as well as study rooms. The rooms are a nice size to fit two people comfortably. Everything you need is located on campus. Two of the four dining halls are open twenty-four hours, just in case you get an urge for that late night snack. In the student union are a movie theater, bowling alley, fancy restaurant and fast-food places. Also, there is the bookstore where you can get everything from Maryland mugs to textbooks.

The athletic department is unbelievable. Their lacrosse team placed second in last year's season. Their basketball stadium has a bunch of memorabilia. As you walk around, you see trophies and jerseys of players from the past. Their football and baseball fields look professional. They have a brand new, state-of-the-art gym with two floors filled with all types of gym equipment.

The college is nicely located only ten minutes from Washington, D.C. If you want to drive an extra ten minutes you can go and walk around beautiful Georgetown. Reviewed in 1999

i love this !