Vassar College | Teen Ink

Vassar College MAG

Poughkeepsie, NY: Vassar College has one of the most beautiful settings I have seen during my college search. The campus is a registered arboretum with over 200 species of trees. Similarly beautiful, the library is breathtaking with stained-glass windows and an overwhelming number of volumes.

The academics are unbelievable - just speaking with current students will overwhelm and excite any intellectual mind. With 2,400 students, the diversity is impressive for a small college. In contrast to other schools I visited, Vassar seemed to be less involved religiously and more active politically.

Students seem enthralled with the many activities and organizations that Vassar offers. The involvement of the student body was both impressive and overwhelming. From theatrical opportunities to club and intramural sports to student-run publications, there seems to be something or, indeed, many things, to interest every Vassar student.

Study-abroad programs are very popular with juniors. Students may participate in one of the programs run by the college or a program sponsored by other colleges. These opportunities make it more than possible for students to study in a foreign country and still complete the number of credits required to graduate.

The information session boasted that within five years of graduation over 80% of Vassar graduates go on to higher levels of education. Classes at Vassar are only taught by professors, a fact which I found quite impressive.

If you are looking for an artistic yet academically challenging college, Vassar may be the place for you. Find out more at vassar.edu.

i love this !

neyat123 GOLD said...
on May. 8 2010 at 11:48 am
neyat123 GOLD, Hawthorne, California
Great article! Finally, a review on Vassar! I'm finishing my junior yr of hs and I discovered Vassar a few months ago while searching liberal arts schools; but when I mentioned it to my teachers and friends, most either had no clue what I was talking about, or they didn't know much about it (I'm from CA). So, thanks, that was very informative!! :D