Purdue University | Teen Ink

Purdue University MAG

By Anonymous

     W. Lafayette, IN: Located in a small town 125 miles southeast of Chicago and 65 miles north of Indianapolis, Purdue University is anything but a small school. Founded in 1869, the university began with just six instructors and 39 students. Purdue is now home to more than 69,000 undergrad and grad students from around the United States and 100 countries. With its large size and membership to the Big Ten Conference, there is always something to do at Purdue.

Purdue, although known for its engineering program, offers a variety of degrees with more than 200 options for majors, from agriculture to veterinary medicine - Purdue has it all.

At Purdue, students receive an excellent education and also have a wide range of activities in which to participate or attend. Purdue offers sports and fitness programs for faculty, staff, retirees, and students, as well as plenty of intercollegiate athletic excitement for Boilermaker fans. With nine men and women’s Division I NCAA teams, it’s hard not to get addicted to the sports teams.

If you seek a large university, look no farther. From its vast academic opportunities to its outstanding athletic activities, Purdue University has it all. For more information, check out their website at purdue.edu.