Northeastern University | Teen Ink

Northeastern University MAG

Northeastern University

Boston, MA: The moment I was introduced to Northeastern University I fell in love. It's a very unique school, because it has a campus enclosed by a gate, and yet it is in the heart of Boston. Places close by to visit include Hard Rock Caf", Fenway Park, Fanueil Hall, etc. So there is always something to do when you need to get away from studying.

The tour I received was topnotch. I saw the remodeling of the new student union, the library, computer lab, and the sports complex. Northeastern is a Division I school, and the indoor sports arena is incredible. I also saw a sample dorm room, which I give a rating of a B+. I must also mention that my tour guide was great and an advertising major.

The curriculum is a little different. It is a five-year program, which includes a Co-op program in which you alternate between classes and a job every three to six months, earning more work experience than students at other colleges and universities.

Northeastern enrolls 12,400 full-time undergraduates and 57% of all freshmen live on campus. In conclusion, I can't wait to see if I get into NU, and I'll see you there next year! n

Review by S. R., Stoughton, MA

Reviewed in 1993