Unrescued | Teen Ink

Unrescued

By hrish GOLD, Varnansi, Other
hrish GOLD, Varnansi, Other

It was a fine evening when I was among my friends - running and playing.the cool air was rejuvenating while the last rays not the sun ornamented the sky.I was chasing a boy along the sidewalk when I heard a distant scream . however, it only semmed distant . As I looked down I saw a little creature near my feet.It was dark , feeble and was writhing in pain.t had mustered all of its courage to call for help. I and my friends responded to its call and gathered around . Its figure confused us. It was feeble and dark like a mongoose but had ears and paws like a dog . Caught in doubt , fear and pity we finally brought it some water. But the thing was so young and weak that it could lap the water no its own . We held its jaws apart and poured a few drops. It swallowed the water immediately and seemed to come to life.

We looked around and found its siblings . There were many like it - two dead and one unconscious. They were repulsive and gave a foul smell.We rescued both the pus (now we were sure that they were dogs) and placed them in a box.It dawned on us that they were rendered helpless due to neglect, intense heat and lack of food and water

The next step was to find a suitable owner.I asked a lady in a nearby house if she would adopt them, Not only did she deny my suggestion but also replied rudely saying that she would never touch such dogs.Another lady said that she would only keep well- bred dogs such as German shepherd and alsatianms. Another man went to the extent of feigning ignorance towards the word adopt and started listing out a number of excuses. There was a woman who was ready to take care of the dogs ,but being poor it was hard for her to fill the stomach of her children. 

At the end of the day we left the two pups in a corner under some boards. I went home yet my attention rested with the dogs. I decided to bring them home and keep them for a day or two and find a suitable owner in the meantime.I returned to the place but I could not find them that night, the next morning or even in the evening.There was no sign mof them and the boards had crashed to the ground. They could have been eaten by another animal, thrown in the grabage or taken away- I could only guess.

While I still think about those unreached dogs and others of their kind I can only hope to help such animals in the future. I promised to myself that once I stand on my feet I will contribute enough for conservation and protection of the troubled animals that inhabit ourn planet.