College Stresses | Teen Ink

College Stresses

By nblair25 BRONZE, Auburn, New York
nblair25 BRONZE, Auburn, New York

At this point in time the one thing, and only thing, that seems to consume my thoughts is college. Everyday once I wake up the stresses of deadlines and decisions begin to flash across my mind. Applications, FASFA, scholarships, visits, I can never catch a break. I wonder exactly what major I should choose. Will I be able to make new friends? WIll my old ones forget about me? Will my roommate understand my compulsive tendencies? The list of questions is never ending. More complex is the final decision as to where I should attend. I’ve found small schools, as well as extremely large ones that seem bigger than my hometown in itself. Other schools located right in the heart of a major city, and those a whole two hours outside. I guess the big question is: What is best for me? Frankly, I have no idea at all. I want to find some place where adjusting to this transition might be slightly more enjoyable. WHere I can attend sporting events or get to know people who like the same passtimes as me. Opportunities are all over, however, this one has me stuck.