Where did you go Daddy? | Teen Ink

Where did you go Daddy?

By CandraScering, Hemet, California
CandraScering, Hemet, California

Have you ever lost someone you love and wanted one more conversation, one more chance to make up for the time when you thought they would be here forever? If so, then you know you can go your whole life collecting days, and none will outweigh the on"

Summary:

My heart is hurting. What is this feeling? Salty water drops are pouring out of my eyes like a faucet that won't shut off because someone broke it, that's me. I'm broken. Images of memories are rolling past my mind like a collage of anguish and throbbing. There teasing me. Dad? Come back! He's fading away... Where is he? He's gone, Dad? He's gone. Does that word still exist in my life anymore? Dad...

I have this fake life in my mind. An alternate universe, where everything is better. I stay up for nights and nights revising and fixing it, role playing, rewinding, reliving. It's just me and my daddy. He holds my hand and tells me he loves me, he calls me his butterfly, and he tells me how he'll never leave me. Rewind. He holds my hand and tells me how he loves me, he calls me his butterfly, and tells me how he'll never leave me. Rewind. Rewind. Rewind. Until I fall asleep...

CandraScering

Where did you go Daddy?