The Jaguar Temple | Teen Ink

The Jaguar Temple

By CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

This was one of three temples at the Lamanai ruins in Belize. I think it's a gorgeous temple.

Similar images

This photo has 21 comments.

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks for commenting!

MidnightFire PLATINUM, Lincoln, Illinois

'Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.'
for my sister: 'when life gives me lemons ... i eat them'
'do not be afraid, be faithful'
'God is not safe, but He's good'

this is really cool :) I've never been to a temple like this

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Okay!  Thanks for the suggestion.

akguthrie said...
akguthrie, Essex Junction, Vermont

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

My one suggestion would be to have less foreground.  I think it adds unnecessary space.  I wish I could travel to this temple.

on Jul. 9 2011 at 10:03 am
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Some of the other pictures I submitted were approved today!  Yay!  If you could comment on a few, that'd be great. :)

on Jul. 9 2011 at 2:50 am
IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

‎"I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world: I run my world." - Beyoncé

aw. ive never been in another country :(

youre lucky!!! :)

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Of course I've been to other countries! :)  I live in Canada and I've been to Belize, Mexico and hopefully soon Costa Rica.  If you want to see more picture of exotic places, wait a few more days.  I have pictures from my other vacations pending approval.

Thanks for commenting!

IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

Hey, have you been in another country?

And, oh, I think I'm going to add this to the list to the places I want to go to. :)

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

That's okay; I like advice from all kinds of people.  I would have moved closer, but I wanted to get the whole temple in the picture.  I had to stand on a hill to get the whole temple in; it's huge!

JustKeepRowin SILVER, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"Peace begins with a smile."-Mother Teresa

That is awesome! I thik you maybe shouldve moved a little closer but I;m not really a photographer soooo my advice may be worth nothing! lol

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks! :)

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

"Worries are like weights and weights keep you down, so let go of your worries and fly,"

this is great.

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thank you!

T_M_66 SILVER said...
T_M_66 SILVER, Anderson, California

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

I love the architecture of the building and you definitely captured its beauty perfectly.

on Jul. 5 2011 at 10:14 am
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Yeah, sorry about that.  But I really couldn't do much about the sun being right over the temple.

on Jul. 5 2011 at 10:09 am
AndRachelLovesyou SILVER, Stone Mountain, Georgia

Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.
-Winnie The Pooh

I like this one! The only problem is the light kind of washes it out a little.

on Jul. 2 2011 at 12:23 am
musicispassion PLATINUM, Perris, California

" Life is never easy for those who dream."
There are so many other quotes i need pages to write them

i'll make sure to check them out

on Jul. 2 2011 at 12:09 am
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

I just submitted five new ones!  They'll be up in about a week. :)

thanks and your welcome keep taking pics

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Yeah, I travel a bunch.  I have posted mainly photos from my Belize vacation, but I went to Mexico and got some awesome photos as well.

Posting picutres is simple.  You save them on your computer, go to 'Submit New Work' and click on art/photo.  Just follow the directions from there.  Cellphone pictures won't be as good quality as ones from a camera, but I'm sure they'd be perfectly acceptable.