After the Ice Storm | Teen Ink

After the Ice Storm

By artist-on-the-loose BRONZE, Francestown, New Hampshire
artist-on-the-loose BRONZE, Francestown, New Hampshire
1 article 1 photo 4 comments

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul" -Emily Dickinson
(beautiful, don't you think? :) )

Just before Christmas, an ice storm tore through New Hampshire. The powerful cracking of trees, like gunshots, could be heard the first night. Power was out for a week for my family, twelve days for a friend, and over a month for people elsewhere in the state. With all the heavy snow- and thunderstorms in this part of the country, we are accustomed to the occasional out-and-back on power outage, or even for a few hours in which we break out the candles. But I had never experienced anything like that before, and I will never forget it. This shot is of the car's side mirrors, iced over.

Tags: IceStorm

Similar images

This photo has 2 comments.

on May. 3 2009 at 11:53 am
1 article 1 photo 4 comments

(beautiful, don't you think? :) )

Hi Christina! I don't know if you'll see this, since it's on my picture...I'll look for your profile again! I'm homeschooling now. I'm glad your school is working out!

I just did some sort of quick autoenhance thing to it...I'm not sure what else I'd like to do with it right now! I might see about more contrast, so that it's a little clearer.

But your pictures are awesome too! I liked the effect you did with the sunglasses, where there were the images through the lenses. That was really nice editing, it looked perfect! I had no idea you were into photography, I just got started last yearish. Nice job!!

storyteller SILVER, Bedford, New Hampshire
Hey Elizabeth! It's great to hear from you, I haven't talked to you in so long! Are you still at the Villa? I'm going to the public school now, and Tristam and Haley came, too. It's really a great school. This is an awesome picture. Did you edit it? I had no idea what it was until I read the summary below it :D Good luck getting into the magazine :]