A Bite of the Apple | Teen Ink

A Bite of the Apple

By Doktor SILVER, Northridge, California
Doktor SILVER, Northridge, California

"Imperfection is beauty. Madness is genius. And it's better to be ridiculous than to be absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe

Similar images

This art has 2 comments.

Doktor SILVER said...
on Sep. 20 2010 at 1:37 am
Doktor SILVER, Northridge, California

Thank you lots for your kind comment! Your interest in this old picture really makes my day. =) Let's see... Gosh, I don't remember much. I know that the addition of the sticker came from a reference from this book about a guy who becomes famous by blogging under the pseudonym 'Larry.' Forgot the title, but in it a teacher talks to Josh (the protagonist), saying he hated how companies put stickers on apples for their own convenience, and the consumer has to deal with the peeling the sticker off to eat the apple easily.

So I guess I thought the apple wouldn't like something sticking to its skin or someone prodding that sticky thing off uncomfortably. Well, they wouldn't like being bitten either. So this line of reasoning helped, and also the horror movies and books I read and watch, and the line "bite the hand that feeds," which is in a couple of songs.

So that's usually what I think when I draw. ^^; Hope this answers your question!

Louis GOLD said...
on Sep. 14 2010 at 12:28 pm
Louis GOLD, Paris, Other

Too much isn't enough.

WOW! Nice drawing! Can I ask how you thought about drawing this? I like how it's usually the apple which is bitten, and how you exchanged the hand and the apple's roles! That's really interesting!