Supercamp This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

SuperCamp was one of the greatest learning experiences of my life, aside from being the greatest camp experience I've ever had. I went to the camp in California. (SuperCamp is offered at a number of places including Westfield State College in Massachusetts.) Arriving at camp that first day it was as though I had entered a temporary family. I was pretty nervous, being 3000 miles from home and not knowing anyone, but I was made to feel right at home by both the counselors and campers.

Memorizing lists by singing them as the lyrics of my favorite songs seemed like it wouldn't work, but it did! There are so many little tricks which I picked up that have helped me speed up the time it takes to do my homework - while increasing the quality of my work.

Rope climbing and tight rope walking helped me dig down inside myself and overcome my fears: to try to do those things that are more challenging for me. The most influential things that SuperCamp taught me were that I am a good kid and that what I do can make a difference not just for myself, but for other people. SuperCamp helped me to become aware of my strengths and how to use them to overcome my weaknesses and excel. The friends I made at camp were among the best I've ever had. After two years, I still keep in touch with one of my counselors.

I have been accepted by two very good colleges and feel that SuperCamp played a very important part in those acceptances. SuperCamp showed me who I am, how to utilize my abilities and to set goals. I learned to set goals to "go for" each day. Not only was it a great learning experience, it was the most fun summertime trip. Thank you, SuperCamp, for everything. n