Learn from top research neuroscientists on UNE’s faculty, earn college credit, and experience college life on the Maine coast. Meet students from across the country. Scholarships available!
Designed to showcase an exciting discipline, this new three-week course provides a brief overview of the major methods and findings in the emergent field of Neuroscience.
Topics will include:
· Cellular anatomy and function
· Drug effects and pharmacology
· Animal behavior
· Biological correlates of cognition
· Philosophical implications of neuroscience research
Students attend presentations and laboratory demonstrations by over 10 top scientists and teachers from 3 of UNE’s colleges including: The College of Arts and Sciences, The College of Osteopathic Medicine, and the College of Pharmacy. We also visit regional neuroscience-related facilities, schedule permitting.
Each day will focus on a new topic. This includes lectures, laboratory demonstrations, tours and guest lectures. In addition, working closely with the course director on scientific literacy and writing, the experience culminates in students applying their new knowledge to identify a research question and designing a research proposal to find the answer.
Experience college life on the Maine coast this summer.
- Immerse yourself in a subject that interest you, and work with faculty involved in the latest neuroscience research.
- Get advice about the college application process and how to apply for financial aid.
- Earn 3 college credits in three weeks!
Are you looking for a challenging program that will give you valuable college experience?
Does spending two weeks living and learning on a college campus on the Maine coast sound exciting?
Would you like to earn 3 college credits before you even enter college?
If you answered "Yes" to any of the above questions, UNE Early College is the program for you!