High school sophomores and juniors learn about the college experience by studying for three weeks and earning college credit at the University of Miami!
The University of Miami Summer Scholars Program (SSP) is an exciting opportunity for current high school sophomores and juniors to explore their academic passions and experience what it’s like to be a college student. This unique academic program allows students to earn college credit, interact with world class professors, make lasting friendships, and grow as independent thinkers.
For parents with questions about whether their son/daughter should apply for the Summer Scholars Program, consider this: many high school students are unsure about what colleges to apply to, let alone what major to pursue. Choosing a pre-college summer program like Summer Scholars allows students to explore possible majors, colleges, and career opportunities in an environment where they can earn college credit while concentrating on subject matter they are interested in.
Students selected for this three-week scholarly program experience the following:
- Choose an academic track based on their passion/interest
- Participate in classes with high school students from around the country and world
- Learn from a student-centered curriculum and earn up to 6 college credits
- Participate in numerous hands-on activities
- Live on campus for three weeks and experience college life
- Participate in educational field trips
- And, more!
Got something to say about University of Miami Summer Scholar? Click here to add your comment