Summer at Penn provides among the most comprehensive and academically-stimulating credit course offerings in the U.S. on a beautiful, historic campus.
Get your first taste of college life at an Ivy League Institution! Penn Summer High School Programs, open to residential and commuting students, offer an outstanding academic challenge:
- Our programs are built around courses taught by Penn faculty, scholars, and distinguished outside experts.
- With small class sizes you can be sure to get the individualized attention you deserve.
- Residential programs include academically based extracurricular activities such as SAT preparation workshops, a college writing series, and presentations about college admissions procedures.
The Penn campus itself offers an enormous array of lectures, panels, musical and dramatic performances. It has the country’s largest open-stack library, state-of-the-art research labs, and world-class museums. In addition, the city of Philadelphia offers an endless variety of historical and cultural destinations.
Summer Academies are 4-week subject intensive, non-credit academic programs for high school students. Residential and commuter options available.
- Art in the City Academy
- Biomedical Research Academy
- Chemistry Research Academy
- Experimental Physics Research Academy
- Social Justice Research Academy