The best summer of my life! Join other talented high school students this summer taking college-credit courses with Cornell faculty and exploring college and career options. Read More!
Got something to say about Cornell University Summer College? Click here to add your comment
Did you go to Cornell University Summer College? Click here to submit your review
Cornell University Summer College
William Shakespeare once noted, "We know what we are, but know not what we may be."... Read full article »
Cornell University’s prestigious "Summer College Programs for High School Students," now more than fifty years old, offers three- and six-week academic programs for talented sophomores, juniors, and seniors from around the world. As a summer Cornellian you can:
- Experience the excitement of college life at a great Ivy League university
- Take fascinating college courses with Cornell’s world-renowned faculty
- Get a head start on college by earning three to six college credits
- Explore careers and academic majors from architecture to veterinary medicine
- Enhance your college applications and attend admissions workshops
- Live, study, and play on one of the nation’s most beautiful campuses
- Make friends from around the world, and more
You can choose from programs in: Architecture, Art and Design, Business, College Success, Engineering, Environmental Studies, History and Politics, Hotel Management, Humanities, Law and Government, Medicine, Psychology, Research and Science, and Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science.
The details: As a Summer College student you’ll enroll in one or more of Cornell’s fast-paced and rigorous undergraduate courses and enjoy the rare opportunity to work closely with some of Cornell’s most outstanding professors. The grades and credits you earn will be recorded on an official Cornell University transcript. These credits can generally be applied toward an undergraduate degree at Cornell or another school. In addition, to help you in your college search, you can attend a college fair, one-on-one admissions consultations, and special workshops with Cornell admissions officers.
You’ll live in a residence hall on campus and enjoy a wide range of fun activities. Summer College staff will be available 24/7 to support you as you tackle college classes, juggle free time and coursework, negotiate life with a roommate, and practice living on your own.
As our alumni will attest, students who attend Summer College frequently aim higher when choosing a college or university. You’ll also find that what you learn at Summer College about your interests and aptitudes, along with your Cornell grades and credits, can become important factors in gaining admission to your first-choice college.
Graduate Martha Glodz is not alone when she says it all adds up to "an unforgettable, life-changing summer!"
A few additional facts about Summer College
- Programs run for three or six weeks between June 21 and August 5 on the Cornell campus in Ithaca, New York.
- Programs are designed for sophomores, juniors, and seniors in high school.
- To be eligible for Summer College, you must have completed your sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school by June. (Check individual programs, for specific eligibility requirements.)
- We receive between 1,200 and 1,450 applications for all programs.
- More than 900 students attend Summer College each year: approximately 50 percent female, 50 percent male.
- Summer College 2012 students came from more than 540 cities in 45 countries around the world.
- Limited financial aid is available.
- Summer College is more than fifty years old!
(From www.sce.cornell.edu)Read More!