The best summer of my life! Join other talented high school students in this summer academic camp as you take college-credit courses with Cornell faculty and explore college and career options. Read More!
Did you go to Cornell University Summer College? Click here to submit your review
Cornell University Summer College
William Shakespeare once noted, "We know what we are, but know not what we may be."... Read full article »
Cornell University Summer College, one of the oldest and most prestigious programs of its kind, invites talented sophomores, juniors, and seniors to participate in its acclaimed three- and six-week precollege summer programs.
At Cornell, Summer College students experience the excitement of college life at a great Ivy League university. They take fast-paced college courses with world-renowned faculty, earn three to six college credits, and explore academic majors and careers—all while living on one of the nation's most beautiful campuses and making friends from around the world.
As a Summer College student, you'll choose from programs in:
- architecture, art, design, and fashion;
- business, hotel management, and leadership;
- college success and English for speakers of other languages;
- computer/information science and engineering;
- debate and literature;
- law and government;
- medicine, psychology, research, and science;
- social change and sustainability; and
- veterinary medicine and animal science.
The grades and credits you earn will be recorded on an official Cornell University transcript and can generally be applied toward an undergraduate degree at Cornell or another school. In addition, to help you in your college search, you can attend a college fair, one-on-one admissions consultations, and special workshops with Cornell admissions officers.
You’ll live in a residence hall on campus and enjoy a wide range of fun activities. Summer College staff will be available 24/7 to support you as you tackle college classes, juggle free time and coursework, negotiate life with a roommate, and practice living on your own.
As our alumni will attest, students who attend Summer College frequently aim higher when choosing a college or university. You’ll also find that what you learn at Summer College about your interests and aptitudes, along with your Cornell grades and credits, can become important factors in gaining admission to your first-choice college.
A few additional facts about Summer College
- Programs run for three or six weeks between late June and early August on the Cornell campus in Ithaca, New York.
- To be eligible for Summer College, you must have completed your sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school by June. (Check individual programs for specific eligibility requirements.)
- More than 1,000 students from 40+ countries attend Summer College each year.
- Limited financial aid is available.