Team Fortress 2 on PC | Teen Ink

Team Fortress 2 on PC

November 3, 2016
By EricktheLlama SILVER, Hemet, California
EricktheLlama SILVER, Hemet, California
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Team Fortress 2 (mainly abbreviated TF2) is a free first person shooter game made by the company Valve, who are also the creators of Half-Life. Now TF2 like any game has its positives and negatives. Starting with the positives it has diverse classes and game modes such as payload, capture the flag, and control points to name a few. Along with nine individual classes being the scout, soldier, sniper, pyro, engineer, spy, heavy, medic, and demoman.


These nine classes are all unique in their own way. Scout is exceptionally fast and can get behind enemies quickly. Soldier can do high area damage from a distance with rockets. Sniper can target important enemies such as medics and heavys from a distance and instantly kill with headshots. Pyro can airblast projectiles basically reflecting them back at the enemy and has a close range flamethrower. Engineer can set up teleporters and sentry guns but it takes time and he can’t do much damage on his own. Spy can’t do frontal damage but can instantly kill enemies from behind with his knife. Heavy had huge health and a powerful minigun but immobile making him an easy kill for snipers and spies. Medics can heal but also don’t do much damage. Demoman can be splash damage projectile or have a sword and a shield which enables him so charge. In between the goods and bads we have crates. Crates are items that you find while playing TF2 as a daily drop. You can only get these drops for playing in intervals of thirty to seventy minutes. With the max being ten hours per week. To open each crate you have to spend two dollars and fifty cents per crate in hopes of getting an unusual. An unusual item mainly being cosmetics is an item that has an animated texture or appearance which won’t be found on the regular item. Prices range from forty four dollars to three thousand nine hundred fifty dollars also did I mention there is only about one percent per crate to have an unusual. Now for the cons. In the cons we have the TF2 community. Basically people will rage, troll, and criticize pretty much without anyone. For say you don’t have a hat people playing will start to call you a noob simply because of the fact that you don’t have a fancy cosmetic on your head or maybe your new and aren’t  very good at the game. Using common gaming language they will tell you to stop playing and go join a different server.


Before, TF2 used to be a great game until Valve started to lose interest in making the game great and instead focusing on ways to make more money and are now making useless updates that will still get the player to stay but Valve just gets to sit back and relax. Also other than that TF2 is an enticing, strategic game with great gameplay but not much of the community is friendly making my TF2 experience not so worthwhile in the sense that I wasted about twenty dollars for an unusual because I saw someone get a hat in his first crate.