Battleborn | Teen Ink

Battleborn

May 16, 2016
By HonestGamingReview BRONZE, Johnstown, Ny, New York
HonestGamingReview BRONZE, Johnstown, Ny, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Battleborn is a first person shooter that has elements of MOBA or  Multiplayer online battle arena in it.  It came out on May 3rd 2016 and has already acquired a small fan following.  The Gameplay is fine, with all 25 playable heroes allowing many ways to play the game.  With the awesome level system, every character can be played a multitude of ways.  The game features a story mode and Multiplayer.  The story mode is fun and even better with friends, but lacks in many places.  Some missions recycle bosses with different skins, or end up being defend missions that have you defending multiple things over and over again.  There are also some difficulty spikes within the story, where the game can be pretty smooth. Sometimes it can be too easy, and not too hard, and then suddenly it’s very hard, and the mission fails before you even know what happened.  The Multiplayer is fine, but lacking.  The best mode is Incursion, as it is the most MOBA mode there is, with towers, minions and lanes to push.  Meltdown is a little less like a MOBA.  It features minions, but mostly fighting and attempting to kill the other team’s minions.


Capture maps seems to be the least popular as it is more like a Shooter game mode, as two teams try to capture and hold different points on a map, while killing each other.  The game lacks in some places, and excels in other things.  Over all, I give this game a 7 out of 10.  The Age group I recommend for this game is a Mature Audience, as the game does feature swearing, despite it being censored.  The game does have a chat, that DOES NOT censor swear words.


The author's comments:

Fun Fact, Overwatch and Battleborn are diffrent games, not to be compared.