Borderlands 2 on PlayStation 3 | Teen Ink

Borderlands 2 on PlayStation 3

March 29, 2016
By MyNameIsBlurryFace BRONZE, Danielson, Connecticut
MyNameIsBlurryFace BRONZE, Danielson, Connecticut
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The game Borderlands 2 is Made by Gearbox Software, taking place 5 years after the events of the original Borderlands. It’s sold over 12 millions units by March 2015 on all platforms since the launch in August 3rd, 2011.

Welcome to the planet Pandora! Populated by people gone mad, Bandits, Monsters and most importantly, loot. The game successfully blends First Person Shooter elements with Role Playing, allowing you to feel more immersed into the game throughout the story.You can choose to play with 3 other friends or go solo against the antagonist of the game: Handsome Jack. Handsome Jack has taken over the Hyperion Corporation and declares himself Dictator of Pandora and taken all of the credit for finding the Vault.Your task as a vault hunter is to get revenge on Jack after trying to ambush your group and to seek out the vault’s loot.The Vault is believed to be a cache of alien technology hidden on the planet of Pandora.You can choose from 4 Vault Hunters;  Axton The Commando, Maya The Siren, Salvador The Gunzerker, and Zer0 The Assassin. Each character has different abilities with a cooldown each time you use them. Axton throws out a turret that fires at enemies,Maya can “Phaselock” enemies into the air and hold them in place for a short period; allowing you to open fire. Salvador can dual wield any two guns in his inventory, while regenerating health and some ammo. Finally, Zer0’s ability allows the player to go invisible and increase the player's melee and gun damage for one shot or hit, for a very brief period. After achieving level 6, you can invest into any of 3 skill trees for your character. Each tree has different benefit and play style. Each level rewards a new skill point to spend until the first level cap of level 50 in the game. Although you cannot freely customize your character, throughout the game you  can find cosmetic items such as heads and skins that allow you to change the look of each character. Another plus to the game is the overwhelming number of guns possible to get, which is a whopping 17.75 million. Guns are highlighted specific colors to show its rarity. This goes from white, (the most common) green, blue, purple, and orange. Orange being part of the legendary weapons with special abilities, like a handgun that shoots six explosive rounds per bullet. Guns can be normal, explosive, or shoot corrosive, fire, shock and slag bullets. Most are self explanatory but slag is an alien resource that when used in a gun and “slags” them and allowing up to 200% more damage inflicted on enemies.  When finished with the first playthrough of the story, the game allows you to play again on “True Vault Hunter” and afterwards “Ultimate Vault Hunter” difficulty. WHich has stronger enemies and more rare loot. This game has a lot of replayability, allowing players to play for many more hours. There are more than 129 quests (Story and side quests) to complete in the game, and some allow you to choose who to give items to, support or what to collect. Bosses in quests can be killed over and over for better chances for better weapons, grenade mods, and class mods. Grenade mods change how your grenades behave, allowing them to explode into 12 smaller grenades for example. Class mods can increase health, accuracy, and even add more skill points to certain skills. With the overwhelming amount of items, money, humor and fun this game has brought people, (Myself included) it does have some issues. Connection issues online, loot falling out of reach, loading errors and crashes are possible while playing. Also to some, the story could drag on after playing multiple playthroughs. But in conclusion, Borderlands 2 is a very interesting and fun first person shooter and role playing game. The game has so many memorable characters and humor packed into it. It has one of the most in your face Antagonists, having Handsome Jack chiming in, telling stories, and hurling insults at you throughout the whole game. Adding to the game, downloadable content that can be bought adds to the game more, allowing you to have a higher level character, etc.. Aside from DLC, the game has so many more positive parts than problems and lead you to enjoy the game. In the end, I give Borderlands 2 five stars out of five because of the work Gearbox has done to create this masterpiece of a game.