Pokemon Trading Card Game Online | Teen Ink

Pokemon Trading Card Game Online

March 11, 2016
By The8bitkid GOLD, Bakersfield, California
The8bitkid GOLD, Bakersfield, California
11 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become."



-Steve Jobs


I’ve played pokemon for a long time, but i’ve never tried the card game. I usually attempt to play but when my friends explain how to, it just gets really complicated. Then I found the card game online, and I can’t stop playing.


Story:
There is no actual story in this, and The trainer challenge doesn’t offer much of that as well. But the drive of the whole pokemon franchise is in this, Be the best, and collect each of every pokemon.


Gameplay:
The gameplay is actually really simple, and is easily explained in the beginning of the game. Rather than me making it sound more complicated than it is, I’d recommend you try it out for yourself. You can take the “Trainer Challenge” which is an offline mode where you go up in ranks defeating the A.I. in battles with pokemon you’ve obtained. Then there is an online battle mode, and online card trading. You also can transfer your physical cards into the game, which I really enjoy. Finally, you can obtain cards for free by getting enough tokens for battling and other achievements.


Graphics:
The Graphics are simple, but they do showcase the cards very nicely, with some of them shining when you scroll the mouse over. It’s simple, but hey, it’s just a card game.


Downsides and score:
One major downside is that you Won’t be able to trade your cards at the beginning for no reason. Battling online can be difficult when you begin since most people will have stronger pokemon than you will get in the start. Other than that, it’s a fun game, and it gets an 8.5/10


Note:
In order to play the card game, you must have an account on the official Pokemon website. 


 Once you’ve made your account,Press “Play” on the top with the two cards next to “Shop”. Once you’ve done that, Press,”Download and start playing!” Click Download once you’ve found The Platform of PC you have(Windows,Mac) or download it on IPad. Follow The instructions The site gives you from there. Remember to reactivate your account every two days to keep playing. The game is free and so is having the account.