Bioshock Review | Teen Ink

Bioshock Review

March 2, 2016
By cokacola142 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
cokacola142 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
There is no such thing as good or evil, only choice.


Bioshock is a fast paced first person shooter that takes place in rapture, a city under the ocean. Cause why not. Bioshock is the first game in the bioshock series.The other games in the series are bioshock 2 and bioshock infinite. Bioshock was released in August, 2007 making it about 8 years since its release.

The game was an astounding display of creativity and action. You must cleverly combine the use of your fire-spewing, electricity-tossing, enemy-tossing plasmids and firearms to maximize damage and minimize harm to the player, you must also use the power to the people machines wisely, as they upgrade weapons and can only be used once before they are useless There are two endings, the good and the bad which are affected by how many little sister you either save or consume. If you save them you get less adam immediately but they will reward you in the future. So the question is, do you really need the power ups adam gives you right now?

Sadly, multiplayer is not a function of Bioshock, however it does appear in the sequel Bioshock 2 with several competitive game modes. The basic gunplay is unfortunately lacking with no way to aim down sights or decrease the hipfire spread without using a power to the people machine, limiting the player’s ability to conserve ammo on some of the spray and pray weapons. However, you do have the best weapon known to mankind - the pipe wrench. Easily being able to three shot splicers it puts the tommy gun to shame.

Since the game was made in late 2007 the graphics are not anything to be impressed by. However, if you play the game on hard difficulty it could become a way to appease you people that beat Halo on legendary mode all skulls enabled. You know who you are and i can only guess how much rage, infuriation and time was put into that. But wait no longer cause on hard mode you’ll be covered in bandages and wanting to murder that splicer for making you waste your precious hp. The best part about Bioshock is in terms of the story and lore, when i played this game for the first time i was sucked in, playing it three times through just to find all the audio tapes so i could hear more about andrew ryan and the big daddys.

Overall, this game is one i would recommend. For casual gamers it can be fast paced and action packed, however for the hardcore gamers if you play on normal difficulty it may get boring and to easy. Not to mention the relatively cheap price of only $20 U.S on the steam store. Now would you kindly go out and buy this game?