PilotWings Resort on Nintendo 3ds | Teen Ink

PilotWings Resort on Nintendo 3ds

February 28, 2016
By The8bitkid GOLD, Bakersfield, California
The8bitkid GOLD, Bakersfield, California
11 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become."



-Steve Jobs


Most of my game reviews focus on either classic games but now, I’ve decided to review a game that’s a bit newer, Pilotwings Resort on the Nintendo 3ds.


Story:
There is no actual story here. Your on WooHoo island, the place where Wii sports happend, and become a member of a plane flying group. After that you simply beat various tasks in different vehicles. It’s a really simple game.


Gameplay:
As mentioned before, the main focus of the game is completing tasks in various flying vehicles, like jets, paragliders, and sometimes squirrel suits. The main focus on this game is being able to play as your Mii, which you find out in the beginning of the game.


Graphics:
The graphics are are a bit cartoonish, but when you fly a plane really high at sundown, it actually looks beautiful. Whether you're, close or high above the island, it can be breathtaking to see all the details put on the island.

Downsides and score:
This game has one major downside: it’s really boring. The tasks you do in the start of the game sound like the start of Superman 64: fly through rings. Then you get the next task and what do you know, fly through more rings. It’s only when you get far into the game when the creative tasks appear. Because of that reason, PilotWings Resort gets a 7/10      
 


The author's comments:

My reviews are to help others find the game game that best suits them without a bias opinion. 7-10 on the review scale is good to amazing, 6-1 is bad to awful.