Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Review | Teen Ink

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Review

February 9, 2016
By Merf2315 BRONZE, Roanoke, Virginia
Merf2315 BRONZE, Roanoke, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

You, four teammates, and a hostage, are trapped in one room, surrounded by five enemies that have endless ways to get in and steal the hostage. You know they are coming in, but you never know when, where, or how they will get in. Once they’re in all you can see is dust and debris from explosions and other gunshots. You have to shoot at the enemies that are jumping in from ceiling, blowing up walls, or even coming in through the main doorway. You get a sudden rush when you see a grenade land right next to you, and you only have seconds to run away from it all while hoping you don’t get shot in the process. You can feel that sudden burst of adrenaline all from playing Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege.


Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege started to be developed by Ubisoft in January 2013 just before they cancelled the release of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Patriots in May 2013.


When you first launch the game, it shows you a short video of the Rainbow military program. This military program was made to start fighting a group called The White Masks, however there is very little regarding The White Masks in the actual gameplay. The game is almost entirely multiplayer, and it gives very good single player tutorials on how you can play the game and get prepared for when you want to start playing against other people. These tutorials will give you a taste of the different kinds of Operators in the game. Operators are the different classes you can have in the game. Each Operator has their set of guns and their own unique ability to make your team’s job of attacking or defending easier. There currently nine Operators for the attacking team and nine Operators for the defending team.


When you first start playing the multiplayer, unless you are with a group of friends, you will be randomly sorted into a team of four other people. Once your team of five is ready it will match your team up against another team of five and you are ready to play. Each game consists of five rounds, seven if you are playing the ranked mode. The game will then randomly decide who will be attacking the objective and who will be defending it. After it has done this you get to choose your Operator. There can only be one of each Operator on your team during each round, so you will want to try and pick the best operator for your team. For the defending team there are options such as having the ability to barricade doors and windows or setting up gas grenades that can kill the opponent. For the attacking team two of the Operators you can have is a sniper that can shoot through most walls or a cluster grenade charge that you can place to blow up a room that you think the enemy is inside of. Once everyone has selected and locked in the Operator they want the game will put you into a map where you get forty seconds to set up barricades as the defenders or scout out where the objective is using drones as attackers. After this forty seconds the attackers will start to get to the objective and find a way inside. They can and will shoot you from the tiny holes in the building so you have to be careful not to stand in the line of sight of any windows or open doorways otherwise you will probably die. The goal of the round will be to either secure the objective or kill all of the enemies. If your team wins three out of the five rounds, then you win the game.


This game is the perfect example of what happens when you combine first person shooters with high pressure scenarios. I would highly recommend this game to anyone that enjoys explosions, bursting through walls, and just likes having a good time with either a group of friends or even a group of strangers that want to enjoy the game as well.