Wizard 101 on Online | Teen Ink

Wizard 101 on Online

June 6, 2015
By Anonymous

Wizard 101 is an online computer game made by Kingsisle in 2008. It's a game where you make a wizard and go through different worlds and do quests to level up.  You basically have to defeat Maillistaire which is the main villain in the game and you first meet him in the very beginning. 


You don't have to only do quests in the game though. You can also do crafting, gardening, train a pet, fish, or make jewels. But you have to be a certain level to do each activity and you can do quests and level up In each of your activities. You need different materials to do each activity though. You need different crafting tables to do crafting and you can craft just about anything and everything in the game. You need different gardening spells for gardening and also uses up your energy. You need pet snacks to train your pet in the game too and play the training games to level up your pet along with your pet snacks. You can also fish too which requires you getting your pole and getting different fishing spells too and this also requires energy. I'm not all too familiar with jewel making at all but I heard that it's crafting too. You can make money off of all of these activities to help you earn gold.

 

You can earn gold in the game by doing quests, buying it with crowns (another currency in the game,) you can sell your items, farm in the game, and doing any of the activities in the game. You can use gold to buy different items in the game like: Furniture for your house, a house/castle, pets, pet snacks, reagents (used for crafting), hats, robes, wands, athames, shoes, and rings. The same is also true for crowns but you have to either buy crowns, watch in game ads, or do quizzes.


I love playing Wizard 101 and I've been playing it for the past 4 years now. I play as a member the majority of the time. But, you can play the game for free in a very limited area, or buy crowns and use them to buy the different areas around the game. I also love all of the holiday quests and items that you can do/get. They mainly do those things for Christmas and Halloween. 


The author's comments:

I've been playing this game for years and always had enjoyed it and thought that I'd do a review on the game.