Advanced Warfare | Teen Ink

Advanced Warfare

March 26, 2015
By kmd98 BRONZE, Saint Louis, Missouri
kmd98 BRONZE, Saint Louis, Missouri
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"hey."


I enjoyed the game Advanced Warfare mainly because of the single player campaign. There is` a great balance between the explanation, basic instructions and making sure you get to the action right away at the beginning. They put you right in at the beginning in the middle of a combat opening level. I am amazed by how much I had  enjoyed the story. The plot, even-though it was very predictable, it was put together very well, it was well-told and well-acted by both the animated characters (which had amazing graphics) and the voice actors behind them.

Call of Duty is a first-person shooter video game franchise. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is a futuristic military science fiction war thriller first-person shooter video game. Advanced Warfare is the first Call of Duty out of eleven others that allows the player to choose different types of weapons. For example, you can choose a regular firing weapon such as a sniper rifle or an assault rifle, but you can also choose a laser/energy gun. Even if the story isn’t that mind blowing, with its big twist. It’s sort of like any good big budget action movie. It’s a simple, well-told, story; that has a focus on action and special effects. Which will end up making up for the lack of a deep narrative. There isn’t much to it besides; Action! As far as action games go, this is one of the better recent Call of Duties made from a story perspective. Not only did the story make my experience well, the multiplayer did too. Multiplayer is a part of Call of Duty that has improved a lot within the past few years. Especially in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. They have included something that just made the multiplayer amazing; Exo-Suits. The new Exo’s (a body traced robotic skeleton that gives advancements to the human body) made the game fantastic and almost a realistic future. The Exo’s make it easier for players to run away when being shot at or when they need to get across the map to an objective. They have also added the Combat Readiness Program; that lets users slowly submerge themselves in multiplayer without being demolished by other online players so quickly.

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare is a better remake than the previous games. Each time a new Call of Duty is created it has more advancements in the game rather than the previous game. Advanced Warfare has implemented many new great ideas such as the Exos and Readiness Programs. Overall they did a great job on the story, even though it didn’t have much of a background to it, the action was an amazing factor contributing to the great experience. Advanced Warfare may look like just another boring Call of Duty, but Advanced Warfare doesn’t reinvent the rules from previous Call of Duty’s.


The author's comments:

For class we have an assignment due for each quarter. We have to write a paper about poems, essay, novel, or game/movie review.