Nostalgia | Teen Ink

Nostalgia

February 27, 2015
By woonball BRONZE, Woonsocket, Rhode Island
woonball BRONZE, Woonsocket, Rhode Island
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Video games are a part of people’s lives at one time or another. For those who say they never had a console in their life, they’re lying. The phone you use every day has thousands of video games on them and chances are you have played one. This article is about Call of Duty or Battlefield. This article isn’t even about modern games. This article is going back in time.


People love their video games and others are just addicted. People who grew up in the late 80s and early 90s don’t have their favorite video games to be addicted to. That was true until today. Businesses all over the country are creating arcades of old video games. They allow people to play Donkey Kong and Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out. One of these businesses is located in Charlotte, N.C. There will always be new video games coming out, but for those who just want the originals, you can now play them. Save Point Video Games is the store in Charlotte, but if you’re not in Charlotte, that’s okay.


Businesses are popping up all over the United States and soon there will be a nostalgic video game arcade in every state. It’s quite all right if you don’t want to go to an arcade to play your favorite video games. In the last five years, dozens of stores have popped up selling just old video games. You can go to the arcade and feel like a kid again or you can just revisit your childhood in the comfort of your home.


Twenty years from now, video games like Call of Duty and Battlefield will be obsolete. But just like today’s nostalgic arcades of Nintendo, there will be nostalgic arcades of the Xbox and PlayStation. As long as there are video game lovers in this world, you will be able to play your favorite classics.


The author's comments:

Video games are apart of my life today and people from the 90s should feel the same way.