Advanced Warfare on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One | Teen Ink

Advanced Warfare on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One

February 9, 2015
By Alberto Estrada BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
Alberto Estrada BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Just like the rest of the COD games that were made this one was made by a company named Sledge Hammer. I took them three years to complete the game and it did somewhat pay off.


Information: The game is somewhat like Titan Fall because of the jumping but not as high. I say that 80% percent of the time you will be jumping around while in a gun fight. There was also two types of copies for the game. One was normal and the other was the Day Zero Edition which comes with an advanced arsenal (Bullet Brass Exoskeleton), gold Ak-12G Assault Rifle, gold crossbow-82, and a gold EM1 Quantum. The Day Zero Edition was only available before the game came out so you could only pre-order it. If you did pre-order then you got free access for 24 hours with double XP for that one day.


What I loved
My Experience: The game is fun and why not try it! Sledge Hammer took part in some of the other COD’s but with small things and all the other huge game companies let them make their own game and so they did.
Detail: The graphics are phenomenal and the frame rate is 60 which is the best it can get. Sledge Hammer didn't do this all alone but with some help of a few other companies that had experience in first person shooters. The game also has loot drops just like destiny, BF4 and a few other games. The story mode always is worth playing because so much hard work is put into them with very good cut scenes.


Customization: You can also customize your character but most of the customization's come from unlocking them or getting loot drops. Whenever you get a loot drop it can either come with professional, elite, or default weapons and clothing. You can always buy things in game like camos, Exoskeleton, and clothing. One of the most used features in Advanced Warfare is the Exoskeleton which can have customization, upgrades, or certain features on it. The Exoskeleton always has jump boost, right boost, and left boost.


What I hated
Past Events: The reason this wasn't one of the best games on all 4 consoles is because of the last COD made (COD Ghost). Many copies of this game were bought but the reason no one liked it is because of how the game environment is. There was way too many campers because let’s face it the game is all about camping. Quick scoping was somewhat token off of the game. So Advanced Warfare isn't doing so good but they never toke off quick scoping because they understand how some players love to use sniper rifles.


Game play: If you are a very good/experienced player then you will get along in the COD community but if you aren't as good then you might rage most of the time.


Classical game mods: There is a ton of more game modes in Advanced Warfare but if you don’t like the jump boost or the Exoskeleton you could play the classical playlist. The only problem with that is that it’s only classical core and there is only four game modes in classical. Mods have been somewhat good in this game making it an easier game to hack.


Game Issues: Some COD players have had their system crash because of the game whenever they go through certain parts of the map, which is an issue on all consoles.


I rate it 8.5 out of 10


The author's comments:

I was inspired to make this video game review because of my knowledge of gaems and reading other reviews. I want people to be amazed about my review just like i was amazed by other peoples reviews.