Five Nights at Freddy’s | Teen Ink

Five Nights at Freddy’s MAG

December 11, 2014
By Kablamo646 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
Kablamo646 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The more you know, the more you realize you don't know."


You stand in a small room; its walls are covered with posters of images ranging from an animatronic band to cupcakes. Then you turn on your cameras only to realize that one of the four animatronic characters is missing. Frantically, you flip through the different views – then you hear a quiet scamper. You put down the camera and are attacked by a robotic creature with a demonic face, lunging at you with a bloodcurdling screech.

“Five Nights at Freddy’s,” developed by Scott Cawthon, is an absolutely terrifying horror game. Working as the night watch in a Chuck E. Cheese-esque pizzeria, your goal is to survive for five nights. Each evening, four animatronic characters – Bonnie the Bunny, Chica the Chicken, Foxy the Fox, and Freddy Fazabear – try to “forcefully stuff you into a Freddy Fazabear suit.” It may seem that characters with such adorable names would not try to harm you, but they will not stop until your life is in their hands.

You are granted a set amount of power, and use it up by completing actions such as looking at your camera, shutting the doors, or turning on the lights. It becomes harder to survive as the game progresses. Each night, you hear a hilarious recording made by the old guard, who gives you the information you need to know to play.

There are very few negatives to “Five Nights at Freddy’s,” but one is the graphics that aren’t great. However, the game certainly makes up for this with truly petrifying audio. Footsteps, voices, and eerie music add to its potency. The controls are very simple; you only use the mouse.

Once the gameplay is completed, “Five Nights at Freddy’s” can get boring. However, you can spend a lot of time playing it, and for about $5, it’s money well spent.

“Five Nights at Freddy’s” delivers serious scares. Remember, conserve your power, and only close the doors when absolutely necessary.