Left 4 Dead | Teen Ink

Left 4 Dead

By Fernando Perez BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
Fernando Perez BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I begin this review by saying, if you own an Xbox 360 or a PC capable of running the game, you have to go out and buy Left 4 Dead. Left 4 Dead is a four person cooperative, first person, zombie shooter. Now this may sound an over done game type, but the developer has perfected the game. Valve, the makers of the Half Life series, is behind this project and all I have to say is Valve has made another top seller. The game centers around four survivors who must fight their way through numbers of zombies. The game only shipped with four levers and this may sound like a small number. This would be true in many cases, but Valve took this into consideration. Valve, for the game, created a system call the A.I. Director, which will place the zombies in random places so each play through is different. Another step Valve took to add entertainment was center each level around the idea of a movie. Each stage begins with a movie poster with the four survivors with some of the worst movie lines in the world, which adds to the humor of each stage being created like a B-rated movie. An example of this is on the level "Dead Air." The punch line for this movie is, "Their flight just got delayed, permanently." Each level also ends with movie style credits. All in all, this is a great game which I have been waiting for and I am not let down. I give this game a solid A.