Metroid Prime 2: Echoes on Nintendo GameCube | Teen Ink

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes on Nintendo GameCube

November 6, 2014
By Carson G BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
Carson G BRONZE, Olympia, Washington
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Are you interested in Halo? try this game and compare to see who wins!

There are few games that are perfect. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is by far the best “perfect game”. see the world through the eyes of Samus Aran once again and try to uncover the mystery of Dark Aether and the Ing on the isolated planet of Aether.


first of all, the game overall is wonderful. there are many puzzles throughout the world, such as the extensive dynamo of torvus. There is the memorable Agon labyrinth, which requires skill and agility. Some areas of the game are giant puzzles, requiring upgraded weaponry to open doors.

A game just isn’t a game without boss levels. The metroid series has always had amazing battles. there are big bosses, such as the Quadraxis unit and the Chykka larva. And finally, the one who creeps you out because he/she is a copy of you, Dark Samus. All of these boss levels are nerve-racking and exciting.

Then, there is what Metroid is famous for, extensive areas. Metroid prime 2 goes all out, with the Torvus bog, sanctuary fortress, and underground. Then, they take their all-outness and double it with the three areas counterparts, dark Torvus, the Ing hive, and, surprisingly, there is just a cave where underground is.


Enemies and characters! you like them, or you don’t. But, Metroid Prime 2, which from here on out will be abbreviated to MP2, has a lot to like and dislike character-wise. There is the main character, Samus, your guide U-mos, and the Ing. As you expect, MP2 also has a lot of sub-characters, like the federation, neutral mobs, and hostile mobs.


Possibly the best part of any good game is music, and MP2 has wonderful, electronic music that really makes you feel alone. Again, I bring up Quadraxis, The Chykka, and Dark Samus. All of the encounters with these threats are all the perfect blend of chaotic and intimidating. The biomes themselves too have wonderful soundtracks, like the Fortress, Hydro Dynamo, and the Temple grounds.


Finally, the best addition to the MP series. Scanning and logbooks. This feature allows you to get to know your surroundings, like learning the lore of the federation, luminoth, and the ever-growing threat of the space pirates. There is also a brief summary on all of the weapons, monsters, and abilities you have encountered.

 

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is a rare game that is definitely worth getting your hands on. The atmosphere will send a chill down your  spine as you wander the surface of Aether.