NBA 2k14 on Xbox 360 | Teen Ink

NBA 2k14 on Xbox 360

March 3, 2014
By Alex Marquardt BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Alex Marquardt BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

NBA 2k14 is a upgrade from last years game unlike normal where there is not much different between the games year after year. The game play is a lot better in my opinion especially the defense. Now you can actually block and steal the ball without getting called for fouls. The offense doesn't have as much of a difference as last year but new dribble moves improve the driving to the hoop. The graphics have gotten alot better. From the detail of the court to the sweat on there face its an improvement. Bright lights, and colorful tattoos, and the best new shoes are in this years addition of NBA 2k14.

Sound Track

Whenever I put in the NBA 2k14 disk and heard the new Lebron chosen soundtrack I was amazed. There was no longer bands and artists I’ve never heard of. This soundtrack features artists like Drake, Eminem, Daft Punk, and Phil Collins. Great songs we all love and know to listen to while we play basketball.

My Team

The new My Team feature starts you off with a team full of 60 overall players and you earn VC by playing online against other teams. If you win a game you get a certain amount of VC. With that VC you can purchase packs of cards with players in them categorized as Bronze, Silver, Gold, or by team. You can also buy courts, coaches, jerseys, and Historic Players such as Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, and Magic Johnson.

I did not go over all of the new features but just some. I believe that this years game is by far the best sports game of this year.


The author's comments:
I was inspired to write this when I saw a video game review in last weeks edition and I wanted to do one.